Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Article about: Nice I love the dental mirror. Have you tried it yet ? Looks like it will still do its job quite nicely Steve T

Default Re: Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Anymore photos of what appears to be the remains of a gas mask?

Thanks

Danny

Hi Dan,

Sorry Dan that's the only picture. I didn't take it home. LS thought it may be a Babys gasmask inside out. We have found lots of filters from Adults gasmasks but most of the time just looking at them makes they fall apart

John

The exhaust stub looks great ! Good job on cleaning it up

The battery is very good as well, and you did well getting a tenner of your mother for the shade I'd have only given you 50p

Steve T

Great finds Boys!!!
    Im yet to find a tin hemet of any kind it must be great!!

What kind of Anti-Rust fluid are you using?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I use Hammerite Rust Remover. I believe WH and LS use some stuff that WH gets from Poundstretcher

You can also use oxalic acid or even electrolysis. Both have their inherent dangers but do give good results if used carefully.

Cheers

Steve T

Hi Vegar,
    Yes Steve is correct, like him I used to use the Hammerite rust remover which is very good but then my local Poundland shop started selling Rapid (Special Concentrated Formula) rust remover. It's in smaller pots but only costs £1.00, when I first saw it I bought a couple just to see how good it was, I must admit I was scepical it would be any use at all being so cheap. But I was wrong the Poundland Rapid stuff is just the same as Hammerite, I'm now wondering if its the same stuff but packaged differently?
    But best of all 3 pots of Poundlands fluid (costing £3.00) equals the same as one Hammerite jar costing £10.00 . My only problem now is people have caught on its good stuff and my local store keeps selling out
    Cheers.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Ive finally got around to posting a few pictures of some of the recent finds cleaned up and restored a couple of these jobs took a while as you'll see.

First up is a Fire Watchers helmet as found, unusually it has a dental mirror rusted onto its top?. Although appearing complete looking closely you can see the area below the mirror is made up of corrosion and mud.

Sadly when it was cleaned the corroded patch just washed away, But the remainder is very strong and actually still retains some of the original paint.

Heres the detal mirror together with a toothbrush that was found very close.

On this dig I pulled out 5 car headlight blackout covers and Whitehunter also had a few. Most were in poor condition and not kept, I only brought this home because of the grey almost RAF blue paint to show you. Its too far gone to keep but its interesting to see its design.

More pictures will follow.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Good job cleaning mate, Tooth brush is a nice green colour. I should get cleaning more of my stuff

John

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast