Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two new airfield visits - Nov 2012

Article about: Well, Iv been looking forward to seeing the finds all day! and you havent dissapointed at all.Got to love that panel,definately star of the show Great I.D. PB and that illustration really br

Default Re: Two new airfield visits - Nov 2012

Well, Iv been looking forward to seeing the finds all day! and you havent dissapointed at all.Got to love that panel,definately star of the show Great I.D. PB and that illustration really brings it to life. Almost forgot to ask....are you going back?
    Last edited by cornishboy; 11-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks CB. I am well chuffed with it, especially considering it was a surface find and must have been passed over by many people before !

Yes.....I am going back next weekend

Hi Steve,
    Another excellent result well done, a great panel and the pic PB up loaded puts it in position nicely, print it off when you display it!!. Dont worry about the reuse of dump sites post war, it's very common and quite possible some of the post war dumping could actually relate to WW2. The goodies will still be there underneath, I've dug loads of dumps that were regularily burnt during use but there's still loads of undamaged finds to be had. The bits you picked off the surface are nice I like the After Shave bottle and Bovril cup and happily I cant see any fire damage.
    Roll on next weekend to see what you get.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thanks LS. I am certainly looking forward to next weekend !

?

Cor blimey, you mean to tell me that you did'nt know what that was, that was such an easy one, everyone knows that !!!!!

Dave, behave! it does resemble the back panel off a dishwasher to be fair

?

I could imagine the old boy trying to install it in his speaker system, thinking it was the front of a woofer!!!!!

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    Dave, behave! it does resemble the back panel off a dishwasher to be fair
    LMAO !

I must admit I did consider that as a possibility as I dragged it back to the car, picturing the expression on you guys faces if that's what it turned out to be. That's why I waited until I cleaned it before posting a picture. Last thing I need is davejb posting 'It's the back off a Zanussi 3334S dishwasher' AND linking a pic.....

Would never have lived it down.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2