Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

U 168

Article about: Hello ! have you pictures of this submarine found in Indonesia ? The Type IXC/40 boat U-168 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net

Default U 168

Hello ! have you pictures of this submarine found in Indonesia ?

The Type IXC/40 boat U-168 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I didnt see this news! Thanks for the links

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Many thanks Ade, in France no pictures but they say that German plates are in the u boat, and 17 skeltons.

The boat was commanded by KL Helmuth Pich. On the 5th of October 1944 she left Batavia for Surabaya to prepare for an operation around Australia.
    U 168 was torpedoed and sunk on the 6th by the Dutch submarine Zwardfisch (Lt-Cdr H. A. W. Goossens) North of Rembang, Java.
    U 168's commander, three officers and a wounded rating were taken to Fremantle. Another 23 survivors were picked up and later transferred to a
    fishing boat. 23 of the crew were lost.

could of sworn i posted something on this aswell... lol or more likely i thought about doing so and forgot :P

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    23 of the crew were lost.
    Well...now we know where 17 of them are,anyway....where the last 6 are? Well...not so much...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."