Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

U 177 Relic

Article about: I would like to show a relic coffee mug from the U boat 177 that has come into my possesion.Depth charged and sunk in the South Atlantic by a U.S Liberator in 1944 with the loss of 50 of her

Why would someone reproduce something that does not exist? Hmm...let me think on that one...To defraud naive collectors from their Money?? And, no, I wasn't there on the U-177 and sat at a mess table and ate sausage from one of these ridiculous fake plates with Korvettenkapitän Buchholz-and Neither were You. The U-177 was Lost and Sunk in February of 44-did someone go on board and remove a huge set of mess ware china from it Just before it left for sea to be Destroyed? Or maybe one of the 15 surviving crew brought a set of china into the water and life rafts with him when it went down? Personally, I don't care if you claim to be Donitz's grand son himself-these plates are ridiculous fakes. Period. So, keep them-use them-enjoy making up ludicrous stories of their non-existent histories to amuse yourself and anyone else simple headed enough to believe the nonsense and have a nice life.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I do have to laugh at how narrow minded you are.... Oh well thats fine as I say I really don't care what you think about them your being petty for the sake of being petty. Clearly it has not come of a sunken ship nor have I at any point said it was. do you not think that someone could have left things on shore?

As I say. Thank you for your time I'm sure you will have to have the last word as you think you know all but sadly my friend you don't.

As your name itself says... "rofl"....
    William

?

Just to chime in, but the item in post #24 by Roflcopter is clearly a fake. The eagle is the wrong style for an issued item and the colors between the eagle and markings are way off.

Sadly his reponses, if he is not trolling, are the responses of someone who refuses to believe they have a fake. I see this all the time with some people and collectors. They were told a 'story' and believe it to the letter without any research of their own on the item. Then when told what they have, they lash out like a child throwing a temper tantrum that WE are wrong because 'they were told by someone they know' that it was original.

Sorry Roflcopter, you have a fake item. Research clearly shows that, and whether you believe us or not is up to you, but please do some research before lashing out at other members informing you of what you have.

Now saying that, the plate MAY be an original Kriegsmarine 'Fundraising Plate', which were sold to help fund the bases, but the U177 marking looks like it was added later to enhance its value.

?

News Flash.. March 23, 1940...A few German U-Boat fleets have fled their vessels to create China for their "boot" in order to have recognition in the event such boat perishes in waters tooooo deep to excavate and find such China...In other news.....
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Well....all of the crewmen's Families would certainly like to have a full set of china from off of their son's or brother's boat too, to remember him in case he doesn't come back. As long as they are ready to put out to sea Anyway, they won't Need their mess china anymore anyway. They can use their fingers...
    William

Shall we all try and keep these threads as adult and educational as possible. Indeed we have all been guilty in the past of " wanting to believe " when given some bad news; its part of our human nature ! Indeed the whole idea of a forum is free speech but lets avoid breaking down the lines of childish " newsflash " contributions, we are all here to learn and help educate each other NOT to make silly remark at other peoples expense. No one knows everything and we all need to help each other learn about the facts, many thanks to member GRIMES for his educational comment .

People receive back what they contribute..."wanting to believe" and becoming blindly in denial and openly insulting are 2 far distant things...
    William

U-boot crew would've used Kriegsmarine porcelain.
    German submarines were 'delicate' assets during the war. Any information about them would remain strictly confidential. Let alone they would let porcelain makers mark the specific U-boot numbers on their porcelain. MI6 would have laughed.. 'hey, lets check where this batch of porcelain for U-boot U515 is going to!'

Quote by Niedersachsen View Post
    U-boot crew would've used Kriegsmarine porcelain.
    German submarines were 'delicate' assets during the war. Any information about them would remain strictly confidential. Let alone they would let porcelain makers mark the specific U-boot numbers on their porcelain. MI6 would have laughed.. 'hey, lets check where this batch of porcelain for U-boot U515 is going to!'
    OpSec (Operational Security) is not a new concept!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast