Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover

Article about: Hi I found some interesting pieces of history in an abandoned military base that was used for ordnance storage, one of them is a fuse plug, the second item looks like the piece that the Germ

Default Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover

Hi
    I found some interesting pieces of history in an abandoned military base that was used for ordnance storage, one of them is a fuse plug, the second item looks like the piece that the German World War I 77 mm shell carrier had on the lower part and the last item is the cover of a fuse box.

As you can see in the pictures below the fuse plug has some really strange markings which seem to have been added manually although it is possible that they are damaged factory markings because the piece was very corroded. The shell carrier plate also has some markings which are barely visible (Waffenamt and manufacturer) and the leather straps have a Waffenamt marking and the manufacturer's name "M. Oswald - Karlsruhe". The fuse box cover still has part of the sticker and it is marked 1936.

The fuse plug is 21 mm long and it has a diameter of 22 mm. The fuse box cover is 150 mm long and 34 mm wide and the only visible text on the sticker when I found it was "5 g(...)zunda(...)".

Any additional information about these items is appreciated since they seem to be quite rare and I haven't been able to fully identify them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover   Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover  

Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover   Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover  

Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover   Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover  

Unknown german fuse plug, shell carrier plate and box cover