Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown medicine/ointment tube german trench find WW2

Article about: Hello fellow WW2 enthusiasts. I have a small find that I need help with, not something spectacular but one of these little everyday objects that excite me. So I found this pretty damaged tub

?

Default Unknown medicine/ointment tube german trench find WW2

Hello fellow WW2 enthusiasts.
    I have a small find that I need help with, not something spectacular but one of these little everyday objects that excite me.
    So I found this pretty damaged tube in a dirt mound blown out of a WW2 coastal bunker in Greece after it's bombardment .
    The bunker housed first italian and afterwards german soldiers. I have found ointment tube caps, the typical small round black plastic and the octagonal ones that the german field first aid sets contained. The cap on this tube is made of red plastic and has a very peculiar logo on it.
    The logo looks like a sun in a bowl on a tripod that looks like two "K"s, back to back, or maybe with an "I" in front of them, or maybe the cyrillic letter "ж" ?

Unknown medicine/ointment tube german trench find WW2

I've never seen one like this so I wonder what and where it came from... I can't find anything online, I did a picture search, nothing.

Has anybody ever found a similar cap or any idea what the logo stands for?

Any idea or point appreciated..

MAP
    ?

I'm sure someone will be around but would assume the logo is just a makers logo. Maybe a commercial product?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes I'm pretty sure it may be a toothpaste, or shaving cream or whatever other commercial product tube, so it could be a pharmaceutical company. I just would love to find out...
    Thanks MAP for the response.

?

I might be mis-remembering, but I d say Doramad toothpaste.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

It seems to me that this Cyrillic letter "Ж", is the abbreviation of the manufacturer.

?

Some fascinating reading there Inka (radioactive toothpaste???!!!).
    You got me shaking there and thinking where I could get a Geiger meter to check out my hunting spot but... no, the Auergesellschaft logo and name has nothing in common with this one. But thanks anyway

?

Well my friend dimmuborgir (a blackmetalfan?...) that's what I guess, too. I sure hope some easteuropean fellow wrf member could help out if that's the case.
    Thanks for the input.

?

Hello,
    Yeah, looks like a Russian "Ж".
    But I don't think it is. I rather would explore if these are two overimposed Greek letters.
    One letter is PSI. The other is CHI.

The overall meaning of the logo is a sacrificial fire standing on a tripod, represented by letters.

?

Hi Egorka.
    Thanks for the input. Your greek letter theory is interesting, didn;t spring to my mind to check in that direction,,

?

Hi Panic
    Yes, I think Greek symbol theory might be too thin. The problem being that middle "I" is detached from the rest. The rest means nothing at all, except being an actual support structure for the fireplace.

But then my other theory is that "I" is for Iodine, which makes the content of the tube to be some kind of iodine based disinfectant.
    This fits well with it being used in the field.
    Secondly, this possibly fits to the lid being red (iodine solutions have reddish color).
    But in this theory the rest of the symbol is just a fireplace holder.

You said there were other lids. Did they have any markings on them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast