Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Article about: I wasn,t sure whether to put this in or not but one morning when I went into my toy room (Thats what the wife calls it) there lying on the chair was a Map of Berlin with Hitler on the back o

I have a hard time describing it, but even as a young collector I always had a sense that there is indeed a Metaphysical Aspect to this Hobby...some folks get it, others don't...At times I've felt that I was meant to find certain items due to the way they practically fell into my lap...
    I also had an experience in Manitou Springs, Colorado that I can't explain back in 1996...I was hearing a voice repeatedly expressing regret "I can't believe I did that!" - but when I looked nobody was there and that really freaked me out...I also wouldn't mind spending a night camping around Verdun...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-10-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    Paranormal activity in battlefields and cemeteries has been well documented, just do a google on paranormal activity battlefield and you will find hundreds of links...this phenomenon is called poltergeist people that had died before their time in most cases tragically and refused to move to the other side...this has also been well documented in old properties..

- - ------- - -

Paranormal activity in battlefields and cemeteries has been well documented, just do a google on paranormal activity battlefield and you will find hundreds of links...this phenomenon is called poltergeist people that had died before their time in most cases tragically and refused to move to the other side...this has also been well documented in old properties..

- - ------- - -

Like the one that's haunting your keyboard right now?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I've enjoyed this, and have only read half. I'll save the rest for tonight with a couple of cold Leffe's to wash it down.

For my 10 cents worth, before I have a beer, I used to own a house from the 1500s in Slovakia, and I saw the silhouette of a lady at times in the cellar. House had a long history, so who knows (Ethnic German Town - Leutschau [In SK Levoca])

Looking at houses here in Dublin years ago, I went to check one out, and going in to the front bedroom, I felt like I would vomit, it was a really vile feeling. I mentioned it to the estate agent, saying "you may think I'm nuts, but I would not recommend being in that front room on your own". My sister in law from the area mentioned to me later that a man had murdered his wife in that room a few years before.

Family from the Defense Forces have also related stories about hearing English accents in unused areas of Collins barracks (National Museum of Ireland) Dublin. My physio is ex-Army also, and has a few stories in relation to Collins barracks also. I'll ask him on Monday.

I have also seen my fathers ghost in the years after he died.

By the way, I'm an engineer, very technical, but I have experienced a few odd things over the years (while sober). Let's leave out the sozzled experiences (hic....).

Apologies as this is so off topic.

@ pitfighter.Hehe, just re reading these entries, very interesting. Anyway, I realize this thread has a few years by now but I wanted to comment on pitfighters entry. Hanwell is an eerie place, no doubt. I lived in London for many years and can concur. Never been inside that building though. For the last two comments, Ohio and Linda Vista- I really enjoy the Ghost Adventures tv series and both buildings have featured there with excellent (if you can use that word given the context) results.

What a great read Gents!

I'm fascinated by this topic although I am a bit of a skeptic. I recall years ago a visit to the old Sydney (North Head) Quarantine Station one night was a pretty unnerving experience. I went there a massive skeptic, but a solitary visit to the dark old shower room changed that to a 'bit'. It really was a scary place, I didn't see any 'ghosts' but nevertheless, something feels 'off' there. I really recommend a visit to all who are interested in this stuff! I have no doubt that this place has also featured in 'paranormal' TV programs.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?   Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?  

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?   Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?  

I think I have had those experiences too in the past. One time I was digging in the Huertgen Forest about 1.5 years ago. I found an EK that morning and I was really happy with it. A few hours later, I was digging in a German foxhole, when I thought I heard someone heavily breathing just behind me. I immideatily turned and raised my shovel up in front of me, but no one was there. Very strange but it freaked the hell out of me. After that I never went to the Huertgen forest alone anymore, always with someone with me. I dont believe in stuff like that, but it did freak me out.

After that, I tried to identify the German soldier but it wasnt possible unfortunately. I cleaned it and gave it a nice postion in my glass showcase, which is standing next to my bed. Next to this showcase are some few medals of me hanging against the wall. These are just normal medals from my childhood, nothing special. One night I was almost sleepling, when one of my medals felt down the wall. But it didnt fell on the floor, it getted stuck to another and it made a swipe and bumped against my glass showcase with the EK in in, making a loud noise like BOOOOOOOONNNNGG. Just after that, I put the light on and I saw that the medal was fallen. Like I said before, I dont believe in stuff like that, but it really really freaked me out.

The EK I'm talking about...

Having recently returned to digging with my friends in Latvia, Legenda Search Group, I got the lowdown on some projects for coming expeditions in 2017. They told us about two sites they wanted to explore and asked our preference. Both had strange stories behind them but one in particular stood out: an old lady remembered from wartime days she had buried two german KIA near her house. One of the soldiers apparently keeps on appearing in her dreams with outstretched arms begging her to return him to his buddies. Looney or not, if she has soldiers buried on her land somewhere we have to find them. The lady was obviously in distress and had asked the diggers for help. If what she claims is true and I am there to find out, watch this space...

"What a great read Gents!

I'm fascinated by this topic although I am a bit of a skeptic. I recall years ago a visit to the old Sydney (North Head) Quarantine Station one night was a pretty unnerving experience. I went there a massive skeptic, but a solitary visit to the dark old shower room changed that to a 'bit'. It really was a scary place, I didn't see any 'ghosts' but nevertheless, something feels 'off' there. I really recommend a visit to all who are interested in this stuff! I have no doubt that this place has also featured in 'paranormal' TV programs. "

Spent the night there and agree. The place feels off. Even walking around during the day gave me the heebie-jeebies!!

I never used to believe in the paranormal, but two years ago I did a little journey on my own to commemorate the centenary of WW1.
    My route started in Asiatic Turkey & followed the front lines & battlefields for 3500 miles until I reached the Belgium coastline.
    As well as the three slightly worrying encounters that I will explain soon, I also experienced something else, a feeling of dread with shivers running up my back hundreds of times throughout my journey.
    I first experienced that when I entered a smashed up Bulgarian trench system in the mountains at the eastern end of the Macedonian Front. It shocked & puzzled me at first, but then I became used to that "feeling" & it even helped me to identify my location when I wasn't entirely sure where I was?

My first spooky encounter was in the mountains of Macedonia. I was sleeping in my hammock 20ft up a tree, as I was slightly worried about dogs & the local wildlife trying to eat me in the night. Anyway, I awoke to the sound of about 20 horses walking on the track below me, along with a sound of thunder in the distance. After getting the courage to shine my torch on them all of the noises stopped & I was left listening to the breeze rustling the leaves....

My next one was many miles further on in the Bois Brule forest to the south of Verdun. Darkness had beaten me before I could reach a campsite & I ended up sleeping in the woods on the old battlefield. Again, it was only noises that I heard, but a bloody scary one! In the middle of the night somebody shouted "Besschuss Anschlag" twice. It scared the heck out of me & I can't explain why somebody was shouting shell attack in German at night in the middle of a French forest?

My last encounter was a bit further north in another forest. Now there might be a perfectly rational explanation for this, but I think that it is slightly strange. I was lost in that forest until I came across a man in old style riding clothes who directed me out of the forest. That's not strange in itself, but I asked for directions in French and he replied with a posh English accent speaking English. I was in a British held sector of the front at the time & I still think that it's very strange. How did he know that I was English too?

Anyway, that's it. The first two could have been dreams, although they felt very real. Whilst the last one could have been an eccentric English gentleman who lives in France, but I can't explain away the feeling of dread that I experienced so many times....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast