Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Article about: I wasn,t sure whether to put this in or not but one morning when I went into my toy room (Thats what the wife calls it) there lying on the chair was a Map of Berlin with Hitler on the back o

Default Re: Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Regarding your signature... Imagination is limited too...
    How do you describe music to the deaf?
    How do you describe touch to those who can't feel?
    How do you describe colour to the blind? Or another -->
    If there was a new colour called Quela (or anything random) could you imagine what it looks like?
    Go on...try to imagine another colour.
    Can you imagine a squared circle?

(no connection with the thread but i couldn't resist)
    "How do you describe...." is a limitation of language rather than imagination, as is giving a colour a name. If the human eye can distinguish 16 million hues, or whatever the number is, then language soon runs out of names for them all.

Here is a good explanation of describing colour with langauge to a blind person, not mine I might add:

"Different wavelengths of visible light have different colors, and mixtures of light of different wavelengths have different colors. A blind person can feel the thermal energy deposited by light, and so can be convinced that light exists and carries energy. Then it is just a matter of description of what light is and its properties. I'm afraid that for a blind man this may remain abstract and unverifiable, and he may just have to take his friends' word for it all."

There are quite a few online discussions about this subject of the blind and colour.

A further thought, if imagination was limited then concepts outside the acquired knowledge of the day such as the "higgs boson particle" would forever remain undiscovered... as would the wheel.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I work in the Police and I was in an old Victorian Police Station at 3 in the morning finishing off my shift. I was the only person in the building. While I was in there I could hear talking coming from a room. It was like a two way conversation but I could not hear what was being said. At first I thought someone else was in the station. I looked in every room but there was no one. At that point I decided to finish my shift sharpish! I have spoken to other cops who have had similar experiences. One cop walked into a room saying hello to an officer who was sat at a desk in the corner of the room. On looking again there was no one there. Another cop saw someone move behind him in the reflection of a computer screen again he was the only one in the building.

I did a ghost night at The galleries of justice in Nottingham. The galleries were an old medieval site consisting of caves build built into the the sand stone. Above all this a Victorian gaol was built. I was stood with a group in a corridor with cells running off to our left. There was no draft in the corridor and the cells were completely still. Inside the cells were metal rings for attaching prisoners to the walls. While we were stood there listening we heard the ping of these rings hitting the wall. There was no one in this cell no strings attached etc. Unexplainable.

I am very open minded about the whole concept but it is very interesting.

there must be somthing in this, so many people have heard or know of somone that has seen or felt somthing that is not right. but being scared.
    i look at it this way, with some huntings it a way of seeing or felling somthing from the past.
    i have spoken to people about this type of subject before. but the one story that stood out was the family that live down this way. i meet the son he said they live with one more member of there family but he only shows him self from time to time, like walking down the hallway standing in the bedrooms at night and so on. but the family do not want any one there to see, or for any one to know were they live. for them its somthing they fell will bring shame to them. but at the end of the day there,s a answer to all this. and im realy thinking it could be a scientific and a matter of understanding the human mind more. but its there.
    lots of very honest, and people that have nothing to gain have seen or heard somthing.
    and sometimes only tell there story when asked. and this can be years after.

?

There is a set of books published in England called "Ghost Stations", which recounts stories from airfields around England.

Ghost Stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The usual stories of bombers heard landing at night ..... airmen wandering the control towers etc ...

i used to do security at the old royal ordnance factory at thorp arch, one of my night patrols was through a series of linked portacabins, i used to hear the floor creaking behind me as i went through like someone following me,id look round nobody was there ,it frightened me to death, i dreaded going going through them ,,it was a while until i realised it was the floors that were popping back after id walked over them.the mind can play weird tricks

?

A chap I used to know was on night duty on a RAF base this night in the 1960's, it was autumn, thick blanket fog, aircraft grounded .... when he heard the roar of a heavy prop powered aircraft "landing".
    He walked across to the runway, and through the fog, saw a Lancaster sitting there.
    He high-tailed it back to his duty post ... shut and bolted the door, and didn't come out till morning .....
    The runway was now clear of fog .... nothing to be seen.

Ok a few samples might be in order. First of all, my friends in the search group NEVER stays overnight around digging sites and old battlefields: just too eerie and too many noises going on. One of the most diligent diggers I've met during some of my first expeditions told me he got really really lost one day in the forest (he always went digging alone). He wandered around for yonks until he supposedly came to a clearing where he could smell fires burning. When arriving he claims to have seen soldiers from both armies sitting by camp fires and one of them immediately came up to him and demanded to know what he was doing there. Before he had a chance to reply, another soldier came up to them and said "no, he's ok- he's looking for our lost comrades". After this encounter he was told to go a certain way and eventually came out of the forest near where he entered it. True or not, I dont know.

On the subject of getting lost in the forest (it happens a lot mind, these are really deep and difficult forests to navigate to and through), heres another one: on another expedition my digging buddies had been walking for ages as they'd lost their way. Eventually they found their way out but when they were all gathered again by their cars, digger x asked why digger y had gone a totally different way than the others (he could hear the others at a distance, crashing through the undergrowth and talking). He had followed this person a long time before realizing they'd been separated from the others and was keen to catch up with them. Imagine the surprise when he found at that all were accounted for except our digger x- himself. He had been following an unknown person the whole time. Final one for today: at one time we were in the process of digging out some bunkers which formed part of the last german defence line before the war ended. The place was the definition of eerie: no animal sounds, no wind- it was completely still and utterly quiet. Nothing unusual mind, those places mostly are just that. Anyway, we had been digging out one of the bunkers for a while when my buddy suddenly said to me "did you see that?". He told me he'd just seen what looked like a german soldier looking directly at him for a split second while I was busy shovelling. When he pointed out where he thought he'd seen something, I only saw some bushes moving. I thought maybe it was just the others messing around. When we told the others about it later back at base camp, they denied having done anything. Besides, we were told, they hadn't been anywhere near where we were digging at the time.

Anyway, enough weird stuff for today. No need to worry though- if you are really interested I have more such stories : )

Bovington Tank Museum | Mysterious Britain & Ireland
    We can't leave out Herman the German!......

Let me add another true story from my family.

When I was still a boy, my grandfather told me that the night his brother was killed in action on the Eastern Front, their mother had a particularly vivid dream about him.

She dreamt that she heard a noise in the hallway. When she went to look what it was, she saw her son, slowly walking upstairs, dressed in his full uniform with greatcoat and pack. When she addressed him - saying something about how she hadn't known he would be coming home - he halted his steps for a moment and turned to face her, silently, his face a ghostly pale and with a look of infinite sadness in his eyes, before continuing upstairs and vanishing from sight.

At that point, she woke up with a start and knew, knew for certain and without a shadow of doubt, that he was dead.

Sure enough, the telegram would arrive soon thereafter.

I know that my grandfather did not make this up, as that was just not the kind of thing he would do.

Apart from that, I do not make any claims about this story's significance. Depending on one's beliefs, one may consider this the simple coincidence of a nightmare and an event, or a case of telepathic connection or an actual ghost sighting.

All I know is that it sent a chill down my spine when I heard it. Still does when I think about it now and then.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Let me add another true story from my family.

When I was still a boy, my grandfather told me that the night his brother was killed in action on the Eastern Front, their mother had a particularly vivid dream about him.

She dreamt that she heard a noise in the hallway. When she went to look what it was, she saw her son, slowly walking upstairs, dressed in his full uniform with greatcoat and pack. When she addressed him - saying something about how she hadn't known he would be coming home - he halted his steps for a moment and turned to face her, silently, his face a ghostly pale and with a look of infinite sadness in his eyes, before continuing upstairs and vanishing from site.

At that point, she woke up with a start and knew, knew for certain and without a shadow of doubt, that he was dead.

Sure enough, the telegram would arrive soon thereafter.

I know that my grandfather did not make this up, as that was just not the kind of thing he would do.

Apart from that, I do not make any claims about this story's significance. Depending on one's beliefs, one may consider this the simple coincidence of a nightmare and an event, or a case of telepathic connection or an actual ghost sighting.

All I know is that it sent a chill down my spine when I heard it. Still does when I think about it now and then.
    I've heard many similar stories to this and there must be something to it!...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast