Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

US Army Dump 2nd Dig Finds.

Article about: Heres just a few pictures of some of the items found today. What i thought was really nice was the 37mm shell case base found by Simon which looks like it was used as n ashtray. What type of

Default Re: US Army Dump 2nd Dig Finds.

By the way, one of you mentioned the Airfield at Honeybourne being haunted, it is!

6 years ago just before we moved to Normandy our removals people were based there, they had one of the big hangars as a long term storage facility. I loaded up with the driver, came over here with the truck then travelled back, when we got back to the airfield the security bloke let us through and said to the driver that there were lights on in the hangar and asked if anyone was working late that night.

The guy driving said no, and then started muttering that he didn't like it... got me worried!

Anyway we got to the yard, dropped the wagon off and then I followed him over to the hangar, there was a 12" gap in the doors with the light coming through, we went inside and it was to the ceiling with crates, he called out but no one was there, he then knocked th lights off and started rushing to get the door closed. He said that one afternoon they were all working outside and the boss's daughter who was about ten came out, she had been talking to herself and this guy asked her who she'd been talking to, she replied "the man sat on the wing of the big plane..!"

Needless to say we left fairly quickly!

Another eerie place is the location of the camp in the woods at Chipping Warden, found a few bits in there years ago but haven't been back since.

Steve

Steve

It is a superb site and nicely 'confined' so you don't need to exactly search !

I believe the next trip is over the August bank holiday. Will you be back by then ?

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Steve

It is a superb site and nicely 'confined' so you don't need to exactly search !

I believe the next trip is over the August bank holiday. Will you be back by then ?

Cheers

Steve T
    Hi Steve,

There are one or two sites like that closeby, one in a large Field Hospital, the other one was a general dump, we've found some great waste pits over the years, basically just two big fields, nothing scientific about the search just wander round until you hit something!

I'd love to come over and meet up but we'll still be here in August, should be back mid September with a bit of luck.

All the best,

Steve

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10