Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!

Article about: thanks for a great day out Tim! my finds of the day.....unopened Carlisle tin,steralising unit base,hypodermic syringe needle..& LOTS of bottles! Al

Default Re: US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!

thanks for a great day out Tim!
    my finds of the day.....unopened Carlisle tin,steralising unit base,hypodermic syringe needle..& LOTS of bottles!

Al

?

Good teamwork and nice finds!
    Regards

Matt

Ive just downloaded the action pic's and some finds as found on the day. For me the thin early plastic (now brittle) US medical equipment (spray) stencils are favourite, they're a lucky and perhaps unique find . The site was extensively burned as shown by the amount of ash and melted bottles but the clump of stencils must have just been missed. Obviously they're a little scorched to one side but still clearly readable and I guess still useable. What is particularly interesting are the type of medical supplies and their US code numbers. From from memory a couple that comes to mind are Asbestos splint and Catgut suture for the eyes!!.
    A nice mess tin was uncovered pics show the moment it was uncovered and the sad shot of my fork with two M1 carbine mags pronged. There were so many in a small area that this just couldn't be helped.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

Cracking pictures Adrian

Quote by ALLAN PRICE View Post
    thanks for a great day out Tim!
    my finds of the day.....unopened Carlisle tin,steralising unit base,hypodermic syringe needle..& LOTS of bottles!

Al
    As long as you enjoyed yourself thats all that matters and im really pleased that everyone found some items they liked-brilliant!! Regards, Tim.

Those are some really impressive finds well done to everyone that took part and it seems like you all had a great time

Thanks

Danny

Phone battery flat. On charge now. Pictures of finds going up in a min.
    Regards to all, Simon.

Ive just found this intresting site 19th Century Antique Glass Bottles of the British Military
    got lots of bottles with broad arrows on like the ones found yesturday

Great day out for me and my son, dumb and dumber,
    i've also added some pictures after a big clean up.
    Thanks again tim for inviting us out, its great to know everyone had a good day, I am very pleased my lad made some great finds, we had a great laugh and from a dads point of veiw it was good to see him getting stuck in, as we all did.

It really was nice to meet a bunch of very pleasant ladys.

PS:take a look at my sink, and let me know if any of you would like to come round for dinner some time!

Andy and Callum Mackenzie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

By the way Bottles of Water at £5.00 a day interest soon adds up, thats Northern Monkeys for you, anyway heres more pictures.

That lovely mug looks like it contained either tooth powder or shaving foam, and the only chip in it was caused by me, bit gutted but such is life, couldnt avoid it.........

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast