Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

USAAF airbase - Two NEW dumps discovered !

Article about: Wow Steve didn't you do well, so much good stuff in there. Great you're out again. I love all those tubes, so nicely marked and colourful, the RAF marked plates are also awesome, nor seen ma

?

Default Re: USAAF airbase - Two NEW dumps discovered !

Good effort tracking them down Steve. At least you know YOU did the right thing.

Thanks all. The response I got was rather surprising. Maybe they didn't get on with their father ? Maybe I just spoke to the wrong child and the other 3 would have been more receptive? Who knows......you just can't account for some people.

Even now I am cringing at the rudeness and down right obnoxiousness of the women........

**sigh**

Steve T

Hi Mate,
    It is shocking the lack of interest shown by the kin, when at your own expense you tracked them down and called. But there might be a story behind the scenes. Perhaps she didn't get on with him and doesn't want anything of his around or perhaps she's been caught out by a phone scammer in the past and just can't bring herself to trust anyone calling out of the blue, saying there in England etc.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if afterwards when she'd had time to think or told someone about your call, perhaps even her children they'd said 'You did what!' 'have you got his number?' 'can we get in touch?'. But their chance of a historic family treasure is now lost to them you ever.

But don't worry about too much, you did more than most track them down at your own expense, so her shame is now your gain. I do hope you can find a picture of the Guy and get it framed to proudly stand next to his relic fork. His Service will not be forgotten by us and for that matter most people.
    Thumbs up on your work Mate.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi Steve, that is a real shame. As the old English saying goes, "Nowt so queer as folk" ....

Cheers, Ade.

Well done for tracking them down Steve. Sounds like an odd response but I suppose not everyone is interested in history.

Thanks all.

Welcome to the forum Elliott1940 I suppose there is a chance she didn't get on with her father. Then again she could've thought I was some sort of scam artist. I like to think that she was just a miseable old sod who doesn't deserve the item anyway

Steve T

Thanks Steve T! Maybe it's worth trying another family member - maybe you just got unlucky with that individual. Seems a real shame not be be able to reunite it with the family.

TBH Elliott I can't be arsed. I spent HOURS tracking one daughter down, and to get that kind of response sort of puts you off bothering with any of the other children ! The fork is going in my display cupboard and that's an end of it.

Steve T

I really feel sorry for you.Luckily,a part of his memory will live in your cabinet.

Thanks seb And don't feel sorry for me........I get to keep the fork !

Steve T

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast