Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Valley of Death

Article about: I honestly don't want any more disscussion of this nature either. It has been covered countless times before thank you.

Default Re: The Valley of Death

I honestly don't want any more disscussion of this nature either. It has been covered countless times before thank you.

Apologies, I don't read threads in this section often. I asked questions mainly because those links contain very little information about what's going on, which to me is a little worrying. Maybe just badly organised articles.

Mat

Just a quick thing about discovering dead bodies. I somehow have grown a feeling that discovering a dead body when detecting is not such a bad thing, a good thing actually, thats how I feel, the soldier gets home. But as an urban explorer, whenever I go photograph and abandoned building, I always have a weird feeling in my guts when I enter through the front door, afraid to find a dead body inside. This has happened to explorers many times before. Theres something that makes those two example so different to me, but I dont know what!

Quote by Zuken View Post
    Just a quick thing about discovering dead bodies. I somehow have grown a feeling that discovering a dead body when detecting is not such a bad thing, a good thing actually, thats how I feel, the soldier gets home. But as an urban explorer, whenever I go photograph and abandoned building, I always have a weird feeling in my guts when I enter through the front door, afraid to find a dead body inside. This has happened to explorers many times before. Theres something that makes those two example so different to me, but I dont know what!
    I fully agree that the discovery and burial of soldiers is a good thing, I'm just concerned that it's not correctly dealt with in cases. I think identifying the remains is just as important too, which should be undertaken carefully.

As for urban exploring, I've done it once before. I love photographing urban decay and abandoned places, but I've only found the nerves to go into an off-limits building the one time. It was an abandoned hospital, and it was definitely a surreal experience. I felt like I was in some kind of horror film or post-apocalyptic world. A lot of equipment and furniture was just left where it was. My only fear when there was getting caught by patrolling security, or encountering someone there for less innocent reasons. I think the only places you'd be likely to find a body at are old houses, which I would never consider breaking into anyhow. Of course, if you encountered a body in any situation you would leave it and call the police. I would like to do more photography in abandoned places, though I think my fear of getting caught and the consequences of that outweigh that feeling.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Valley of Death  

Well, run into security and you will be safe when you are honest. Dont break into the house, dont break anything, dont steal anything. Tell the security officer that you are there only to photograph the building, and they either let you photograph or simply tell you to exit the building. Out here where I live in Finland, the nearest city is around 100km away, Rovaniemi. My home town is a peaceful place where everyone knows each other. There are plenty of abandoned old houses where the owners have died a long time ago, and there is no chance of finding a dead body inside any of the houses here, but still I am afraid that I will find a body inside always when I walk through the front door, but excitement keeps me with my hobby!

?

Lets keep on the Military track guys !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Sorry! Is it just me or is englishrussia.com down? Was about to search the article about those russian special forces :O

Wasn't working for me before either.

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2