Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019

Article about: I have visisted the Verdun fields i think at least 20 times, back in the early 80ths the ground was literly covered with life amo, handgrenades all kinds of pieces of schrapnel, helmets etc.

?

Default Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019

I have visisted the Verdun fields i think at least 20 times, back in the early 80ths the ground was literly covered with life amo, handgrenades all kinds of pieces of schrapnel, helmets etc.
    Then came the days that they cleaned up the woods and picked up what they could find on sight.
    If you know where to go there is still a lot to find, i only take pictures, so no shells etc will be taken from the fields.
    Enjoy the pics!

Ger
    Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019
    Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019

Great photos Ger. So much nicer to see those relics in situ, amongst the moss and the leaves, rather than cleaned up and on someone's kitchen table.

Ger thank you for pointing me to this thread
    Great pictures and thank you for sharing them here with us!

It is almost 50 years since I first visited the battlefield, but it made a lasting impression me which has never faded, thank you for posting the pictures.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words, in 2 weeks we will enter the dugouts-Stollen....
    Will be continued!

Ger

Great finds and great history

that Barbed wire tells a large story.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've only visited Verdun once. It was in the early 90's and part of an Army staff ride so I didn't have the freedom to wander off in the woods in search of relics, but I would have if I could.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Not sure you can , take all on the ground, take care to the Gendarmerie. Every where skeltons, 26.000 missing in these woods.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Amazing. Can't wait to see the photos of the dug out
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast