Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019

Article about: I have visisted the Verdun fields i think at least 20 times, back in the early 80ths the ground was literly covered with life amo, handgrenades all kinds of pieces of schrapnel, helmets etc.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Not sure you can , take all on the ground, take care to the Gendarmerie. Every where skeltons, 26.000 missing in these woods.
    Hello,
    As lebus12, I would say the French law doesn't allow such behavior...
    If the French policemen catch you...
    Best regards.
    ZP

I saw on a French Forum that this place is one open grave with parts of bodies, so prohibited to take shells or other items.
    De plus you have the laws againt terrorism...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Verdun is a protected site under French law. He is breaking the law by searching there and will get a big fine and more when he gets caught.

?

Well gents arent all battlefields forbidden areas?
    i have done this for over 30 years, and been held 2 times, and as long as they dont get you loading stuff into your car its not a big problem.
    i take pictures of whats left and i do not take explosives from the fields.

Ger

So you are basically saying it's ok to search a protected site as long as you are not caught... Verdun is one of France's most honoured and sacred sites given the huge sacrifices made there. You are breaking the law.

?

you clearly have a different view as i have.
    Walking the woods does not mean i dishonour the fallen.
    Its aloud to walk on the paths towards the fortresses and other objects, what i do is just stepping of the paths.
    If its bothers you then i suggest you look for another post but dont look at the Subforum " Battlefields history and relics" as i show the members here the battlefield anno 2019.

This entire subforum is illegal so whats your point?
    Is this field more honourable then others?
    Is there any differences in dying on the fields of Flanders, Verdun or the woods of Bastogne?

let me remind you on the battlefield tours right after the war ended?
    The french exploited their "sacred" fields..

And about their Gendarmerie...the first time they encountered me i had a trunk full of 75 mm rounds, they took them and ordered me to leave.
    2 days later they were sold in a store in Verdun... i cleaned a headstamp and it said Remington, this very one laid there before my eyes with a pricetag!

Ger

?

Update Gents, we had a lovely weekend at Verdun and the Cote 304 - Mort Homme battlefields.
    We tried to enter a couple of dugouts but none were accessable, all caved in after 8 to 10 meter below surface.
    One even had some of the the beams of the sidewall and ceiling, impressive, as most of the used beams were taken out by civilians after the war due for their need of beams for their new to build destroyed houses.
    The fields surrounding Mort Homme were a real goldmine this year.
    Lots of the French spoongrenades (rare and hard to find) Lemon and F1 handgrenade, the large berthier rifle grenades, and even a 37 mm gun shell.
    The lebel bayonet was an extra treat, although broken its a magical moment seeing it laying on the soil after 100 years of silence...
    Ill let the pics to the talking, enjoy!

Regards
    Ger
    Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019Verdun & Mort Homme WW1 Battefield anno 2019

Great photos Ger !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Some great photos Mr H.. It looks so very interesting. I have only been once but I found that awesome. Amazing history. Cheers Terry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast