Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

A very interesting find! "To the Soviet 16th Army"

Article about: by Aleksander P Mortality rate in the camps was extremely high and even if you we're freed, you'd most likely end up in a gulag. Stalin saw prisoners of war, as traitors of the motherland, b

?

Are you happy for those who purchase a leaflet to print these pics? For personal display

Russian soldiers got the first taste of modern world when they entered eastern Poland in september of 1939. Stories range from drinking medicine as alcohol to taking manual meat grinders as record players. I remember listening to stories being a kid and some sounded rather comical. Similar stories were told by Germans once the red army entered east prussia.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    The more I look at these, the more counterproductive a vessel for a surrender/free passage note, they seem.
    Its not really an object, that the enemy will assemble around, in case it lands in their midst, LOL.
    It must have been for the sole purpose of having a (weighted) delievery system suitable for throwing it far enough (and for making sure the note got there intact of course). They simply took, what they had at hand and utilized that.
    Super interesting relic none the less of course. In fact, its interesting how hitherto unknown objects (unknown to me) can and will still turn up.
    Human ingenuity know no bounds (especially in times of distress and dire straits).
    I agree Scout I also find it a little odd to say the least and maybe not that effective. Who knows how they worked? Still better than playing trench postman i guess

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Russian soldiers got the first taste of modern world when they entered eastern Poland in september of 1939. Stories range from drinking medicine as alcohol to taking manual meat grinders as record players. I remember listening to stories being a kid and some sounded rather comical. Similar stories were told by Germans once the red army entered east prussia.
    Very interesting mate

Cheers

?

Hello Guys,

So am back in Moscow again Here are pics of the actual leaflets. I had some questions if they are in good condition etc so here is what they look like. The condition is good considering the many years in the ground. They do not fall apart but be careful with the corners. In general just be careful

Regards, Lars

- - ------- - -

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Are you happy for those who purchase a leaflet to print these pics? For personal display
    Yes of course mate.

Cheers

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I agree Scout I also find it a little odd to say the least and maybe not that effective. Who knows how they worked? Still better than playing trench postman i guess

Regards, Lars
    Hahaah, cant argue with that!

Great pics of the 'free passage' notes BTW.

?

Quote by NineLives View Post
    Amazing find! I would be very keen for one if you're selling
    No problem

Cheers

?

Hello Guys,

I am ready to sell some of the German leaflets/Ausweiss "To the Soviet 16th Army" now that i have some of the pics. I will get more pics from the dig in the beginning of next month and you will get them too of course. If you want them

The price will be 15 Euro for a single leaflet and 12 Euro a piece for 2 or more. The price will include shipping and pics from the dig. The price is very fair for such a rare document (less than 100 in circulation), also taking the M39 "delivery" grenade into consideration Not an "everyday" WW2 find! Further they were not cheap to find and it will help to sponsor the 2014 season

Regards, Lars

?

Perfectly reasonable price IMO......, but that's just me.

?

Can you please send me one example Lars?!

I need one for my archive.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast