Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

A very interesting find! "To the Soviet 16th Army"

Article about: by Aleksander P Mortality rate in the camps was extremely high and even if you we're freed, you'd most likely end up in a gulag. Stalin saw prisoners of war, as traitors of the motherland, b

I agree, very reasonable price.

Cheers, Mads

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Great finds Lars! It makes me want to go digging . I'm interested in acquiring one too, a very unique piece.
    You should come over this season at some time if you can That would be cool mate!

Cheers

?

If you have requested one and not received a PM please let me know

Cheers

?

Did tou recieve the payment Lars?

I'm also interested in one.

Thanks for heads up and payment sent !

Quote by Datrus View Post

You should come over this season at some time if you can That would be cool mate!

Cheers
    I will at some time for sure, its a must . I just need to save up some money first.

?

Interesting, never seen such containers for leaflets. I can't understand how they was realised to break the container, due normally black powder charge break the thin cup of the shell/ rifle grenade. But breaking the egg grenade is not too easy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I agree, Dimas. As mentioned in post #40 - a very odd method of delievery.

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Interesting, never seen such containers for leaflets. I can't understand how they was realised to break the container, due normally black powder charge break the thin cup of the shell/ rifle grenade. But breaking the egg grenade is not too easy
    I agree Dimas. It's some very strange devices indeed. I will guess they are "front line" made. It's a very simple/crude modification. The Detonator inside the empty Mauser round is small and stamped with a "T" at the bottom. All i can say is that the Germans have made these. How useful they were and how often they were used i have no idea about. We have never found such grenades before. Anyway i think the M39 egg did not have to be cracked open. It looks like the M39 would just break into two halves. You can see the leaflets sticking out of a grenade in one of the pics. Top row far right grenade The leaflets were held together by a twisted steel wire.

Cheers

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast