Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

Article about: Thought I'd make a thread regarding a place that I've frequented a lot since my sparking a renewed interest in ww2 history a few years back. Countless hours have been spent since, walking th

Thanks, inka! In view of some of the finds presented here on the site it surely isn't much but I tend to keep most of the items due to this being from my hometown, the place I was born and raised --- plus I love aquiring new knowledge no matter how small or insignificant the item is.

I have more to come

Last for today;

MG34 and MG42 bolts --- the MG42 bolt is actually the only one I've found down there, this compared to the literally dozens of MG34 bolts all over the place

?

Looks like I will have to make a trip Down to the Trønderhome for an expedition With you Slados! I lived 5 years NeXT to that bay and not once did any searching there!!Gawd,the stupidity Keep it coming
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

You're excused... I actually grew up here and it still took me the better part of 30 years to start searching this beach --- and, you're more than welcome to join an expedition... I hope to do more digging next year, hopefully with a detector upgrade this time around!

Anyway, if time allows I will try to upload some more pics tonight

Excellent finds slados Keep up the great work. Love the MG34/42 bolts

Thanks, Steve!

Next up --- two unidentified items... seems they're both costructed as gun bolts of some sort (a casing with firing pin inside etc.) but I have NO idea what they could actually have been for. Now, I know that these are pretty well "disifigured" aesthetically but if anyone has got thoughts on any of these mystery items of mine I'd certainly appreciate it a lot!

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

A bunch of assorted casings, brass stripper clips and some live ammo in there as well. The big casing (13,9x99b) is a training round for the *BOYS Anti-Tank gun, the head stamp reads K39 and WI... unfortunately the wooden tip broke off during recovery..

Then there's this one... It's all brass and about 5cm in diameter (also, see 5 stamp on bottom, which I'm guessing correlates to this). Any ideas? I was thinking some king of larger ordnance firing cap or something but I have not been able to find a match as of yet...

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

*edit

?

Anymore finds this year Andreas ?

Really enjoying this thread, great photos and finds.

Kind Regards Mike

Appreciate the comments guys! Haven't been down there this year --- hoping to do so soon/early next year... winter is late this year so there's still time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast