Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

Article about: Thought I'd make a thread regarding a place that I've frequented a lot since my sparking a renewed interest in ww2 history a few years back. Countless hours have been spent since, walking th

thanks for the post.

As seems often to be the case I just happened upon an ID of a few more of the items while mindlessly browsing militaria tonight. These two caps which have puzzled me for a long time appear to be caps for the MG 08/15 cooling fluid (water?) container ---

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

Here's a rough example with one of these caps in place---
    Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

Since the last time I uploaded photos here I have found lots more of the Patronenaustosser 15 tool for the MG15, my first MG34 bakelite buttstock, although sadly damaged, and a single bakelite MG42 grip (also a first).

Other finds of note from last year include an intact bakelite housing part for the MG151 (have no idea what the actual name is, although it's the bigger main bakelite part of the gun itself that appears to carry the internals and bolt etc.).
    Also, two other new ones, one identified as a cleaning brush for the 8cm Gr.W.34 Mortar and another with possibly the same use only possibly for something with a larger bore. Will try to post some photos when I get around to it ---

This is one I've been unable to identify. It appears to have to do with degrees relative to wind speed and direction --- time and temperature also seems involved --- but I have no idea what it would be for. Bear in mind that this would very likely have to do with the Luftwaffe and possibly aviation... or possibly gun related? No idea... any thoughts?

Walking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGENWalking and digging Seeflughafen Hommelvik, NORWEGEN

keep going you are doing great.

Thank you, Harry--- my visits down there are far and few between these days but I think another one's due any day now. The rough weather that has been plaguing this area lately is always a good thing in relation to this as it tend to help uncover items that were previously buried...

Perhaps the chart has something to do with bomb aiming or navigation.

Thanks for the input... barring my poor understanding of German to any sufficient depth I say why not, at least airplane/Luftwaffe related. There was a FW200 recovered years ago not far from the beach and there's still at least one JU52 (appropriated and utilized by the Germans during the war years) left out there---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ze_UcwGX5Y

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3