Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Well preserved American ordnance found in the Czech Republic

Article about: I just came across this photo on Facebook and wanted to share it. A great state of preservation and I've never heard of phosphorous grenades being dug before. All the information I have is t

?

Default Well preserved American ordnance found in the Czech Republic

I just came across this photo on Facebook and wanted to share it. A great state of preservation and I've never heard of phosphorous grenades being dug before. All the information I have is that it was found by EOD in the Czech Republic.

Well preserved American ordnance found in the Czech Republic

just a tip.if you dig up ammo and its a nice hot/v/warm day don't leave it in the sun,it goe's off.some time back we had the army helping with a dig on oblt Shelchers ME109,being army they laid the ammo out in nice neat rows and carried on digging.after a while someone noticed the ammo was smoking.Panic,all ended well lovely sunny day. its fun working with the army.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    just a tip.if you dig up ammo and its a nice hot/v/warm day don't leave it in the sun,it goe's off.some time back we had the army helping with a dig on oblt Shelchers ME109,being army they laid the ammo out in nice neat rows and carried on digging.after a while someone noticed the ammo was smoking.Panic,all ended well lovely sunny day. its fun working with the army.
    You can trust the army, they are very professional, lol

Digging Phos isn't very nice. In Iraq my man 1 got badly burned when a badly corroded phos shell broke allowing the phos to come into contact with the air. It burns instantly and we had to use our remaining drinking water to cool his burns, luckily he didn't get any on him or else their wouldn't have been much we could have done.

?

Awful bloody stuff, I watched a demo of a phos shell detonation, and you could feel the heat a fair way off, but it was pretty

So, it was found between Prague and Pilsen where US troop where in 1945.