Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

Article about: Found this today while detecting a random field. I was super excited when I found it. I believe that it is a west wall totenkopf ring. ENJOY! Ray

Default West Wall TotenKopf Ring

Found this today while detecting a random field. I was super excited when I found it. I believe that it is a west wall totenkopf ring. ENJOY!

Ray

West Wall TotenKopf RingWest Wall TotenKopf RingWest Wall TotenKopf RingWest Wall TotenKopf Ring

mpw
    ?

Default Re: West Wall TotenKopf Ring

What an interesting find. I bet your heart missed a beat when you unearthed that. Looks like it is copper silver plated? Well done and good luck when you next visit the field.
    Mark.

It was quite the experience. Do you think that this is a west wall or an ss officers ring?

Ray

victorponting
    ?

What a found man!! That is so amazingly interesting.
    Bathroom Furniture
    Last edited by victorponting; 05-04-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Hello Ray, Generally, West Wall rings actually have the words "West Wall" on them. This ring is simply your normal iconic skull ring that so many different German military men favored so much. It's likely a canteen ring for the enlisted men, as the officers usually opted for the solid silvers. Unfortunately, there's no way to know which armed service branch this one came from(and remember, civilians liked them Too!). Any way to figure out which units were fighting in the area you were digging in? It's a nice ring and one can only imagine it when it was young and silver plated and being sported on the finger of a desperately fighting Soldat! One who apparently lost his struggle!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

There were many, many different skull and West Wall rings produced during those times, here are 2 of mine.

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

West Wall TotenKopf Ring

West Wall TotenKopf Ring