Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Weybread - 'The Trilogy'

Article about: by Paul B K-7 waist mount for B-17s and B-24s with fully enclosed waist positions. Some good photos HERE. PB Thanks for that Paul i didnt think i'd got it right. I was trying to take in a bi

Default Re: Weybread - 'The Trilogy'

Hi Andy,

Thanks for picking up the flexi feed ... makes up, to some extent, for the disappointment of not being able to attend the dig this year ...

This is a 50cal mount for a waste gun. Its a big lump and i think its the most unusual item that came home with me. It was a bit of a job to clean but it got there in the end. Im sure Bird dog told me it was a G9 but i cant be sure so please correct me if im wrong.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weybread - 'The Trilogy'   Weybread - 'The Trilogy'  

Weybread - 'The Trilogy'   Weybread - 'The Trilogy'  

Weybread - 'The Trilogy'  

Now for a really smart find its a flak jacket....Well whats left of it. Im not sure what im going to do with this yet but im thinking of having a frame made for it so it will display nicely in the Museum.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weybread - 'The Trilogy'   Weybread - 'The Trilogy'  

Hi Andy,
    Lovely Ive never seen one of those gun mounts, a very nice find and even better a cloth find. The Flak vest is awesome, I think the best way to display it would be on one of those torso mannequins you sometimes see in clothes shops or even better a one with a head so you could display the relic flak helmet and oxymask with perhaps a portable oxy bottle beside. It'll make a great display.
    are the other two vests in a similar state of preservation? do they still contain the armoured sheets?
    Very nice.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Last edited by LUCKYSTRIKE; 10-28-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Lucky,
    Thats a great idear for the display but im worried it might look a tad creepy with a relic helmet and oxygen mask. I dont want to stir up any ghosts in the Museum (it is in the base hospital and is suppose to be haunted as it is.)
    It turnes out i ended up bringing one and a half flak vests home this one seems to be compleat and the other one is just the front of the vest and all the metal plates are gone from the other one so i will be framing that for my own display at home. The one in the photo's has 2 metal plates left but there just randomly placed and rusted in place so i might take them off. Most of the metal plates were in the hole with the jacket but got left behind they were just to rusty.

Andy

Andy
    I think seeing a few relics together as they would have been worn originally would be very effective for visitors. Although it may look a bit creepy I dont think it'll stir up any more ghosts combining them.
    The museum sounds interesting have you experienced any unexplained (super natural) type happenings whilst visiting?
    When you decide how its to be displayed or when its in the museum please take a couple of pics in situ to up date this.
    Great stuff Im really enjoying see all this amazing gear.
    LS

Andy,
    Just a tip.... I saw on a previous post a good way to frame military jackets or your flak vest front for your home is in the frames you can get via ebay for sports tops like signed football or rugby shirts. They wont need modifying to fit the vest, have a variety of styles, look very professional and best of all aren't too expensive for what you get.
    LS

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Andy
    I think seeing a few relics together as they would have been worn originally would be very effective for visitors. Although it may look a bit creepy I dont think it'll stir up any more ghosts combining them.
    The museum sounds interesting have you experienced any unexplained (super natural) type happenings whilst visiting?
    When you decide how its to be displayed or when its in the museum please take a couple of pics in situ to up date this.
    Great stuff Im really enjoying see all this amazing gear.
    LS
    Lucky,

The museum is only small at the moment but the guys who run it have just got another large piece of the hospital block so it should be much better next year when it reopens for the summer season. I will most likly start a whole new thread on the bits on display when there all in place.
    I dont really believe in super natural type stuff i think its all in the mind. Iv spent to many nights walking round Gosfield airfield to be in to all that. Mind you i allways had a rifle and my dog with me witch allways helps you feel safe

?

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    This is a 50cal mount for a waste gun. Its a big lump and i think its the most unusual item that came home with me. It was a bit of a job to clean but it got there in the end. Im sure Bird dog told me it was a G9 but i cant be sure so please correct me if im wrong.
    K-7 waist mount for B-17s and B-24s with fully enclosed waist positions.
    Some good photos HERE.

PB

?

Some very nice pieces there, good effort!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast