Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what a day!

Article about: Well,i spent five hours today after much research,searching a wood for a crashed Spitfire with no luck did find this though thing is it looks modern,question is,is it?

Default what a day!

Well,i spent five hours today after much research,searching a wood for a crashed Spitfire with no luck did find this though thing is it looks modern,question is,is it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what a day!   what a day!  

Default Re: what a day!

Its a parachute flare, not too sure of the age, but its the type that was still getting used until a few years ago. So it could be from any time between when they were first made and about 2008 (thats when I last used one)

Thanks

Danny

<-----nods in agreement with Danny

Okay i didnt mention that i knew it was a parachute flare,but thanks for that.Any ideas on when these things were first produced? i guess im trying to make a link that probably isnt there

This webpage might help you out

Schermuly and his rockets

Thanks

Danny

Many thanks Danny

Its from the 1980/90s Pains wessex type. A plastic tube with a cap at one end and a trigger at the other.

Thanks M3 iv seen many up on Dartmoor,similar period.
    Simon

Me and me uncle found one down the beach today
    Attachment 285297

Whitehunter, strangely enough I came across one of them today too.... however I was out doing a bit of photography on the MOD training area just down the road from where I live so it was hardly suprising

The one that you found is the most up to date version that is still in use by our armed forces. However just to be on the safe side, you should probably get rid of it because it could be traced back to a training area if theres one near where you live. I don't think this type of flare has a maritime use by civilians so I'd say its come from an MOD training area.

Thanks

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast