Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What did I dug up?

Article about: Hi gues, I am new to the forum, so I don't know if I placed this question where it should be. However, I recently dug up this old....... (what is it?) I found it near a old V1 launch base. T

Default What did I dug up?

Hi gues,

I am new to the forum, so I don't know if I placed this question where it should be. However, I recently dug up this old....... (what is it?) I found it near a old V1 launch base. The open-end has some weird filling, pritty hard material colored blue/white with a tiny hole in the middle (its not verry visable on the picture because we diddn't cleaned it). In the hole is a little hollow metal tube. (looks like the stiehlgrenade detonator )

Does anyone know what this is? I really want to know.

Thanks,
    Xander
    What did I dug up?
    What did I dug up?

Default Re: What did I dug up?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I don't know what it is but BE CAREFUL! ...... things like this can still go BOOM even if they seem innocent enough!

DDAn

?

Never play with unknown relics found in military areas. There is enough people being crippled by these deadly weapons.

The best thing you can do when you find anything that looks like it can explode (like this example of yours)- is to mark the place were you found it in your gps, take a good photo with your house key next to it. (so police can see how big it is) and contact the police at once.

Do not bring it back home, leave it in the ground!! Cover it with dirt so no kids plays with it before police arrives.

My 2cent

It sounds stupid, but we took it home =) Our first impression was, an axle of some sort of vehicle. A while ago we also found a stiehlgrenade head, but we diddnt bring that home.

I don't know what it is, but I know solid fuel rocket engines are of similar construction to this. Be careful mate.

As tempting as it might be hammering at it might not be the best idea... In any case any relic you find should be carefully examined to be sure it's not explosive (Unless it's something obvious like a helmet etc.) Do some research and look for any markings, always be weary because a lot of the time even after almost 70 years something left over from the war could blow you to bits.

On another note Welcome to the forum!

ian
    ?

i think you may have a very rusted stub axle from the front axel of a lorry
    a 4/2 axle configuratoin
    i most seriosely dont believe it to be munitions
    BUT allso be carefull until you can have it positevley identified ,, i think the tiney whole is a grease hole missing the nipple
    cheers ian