Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Winter war 1939-40 Leipäsuo combat- KIA Red Army soldiers recovered

Article about: by KriegMann My question is, how do people completely forget about, or miss something like this? Unless everyone was killed or MIA after the battle. I find it strange IMO. Many factors to co

?

Default Re: Winter war 1939-40 Leipäsuo combat- KIA Red Army soldiers recovered

I don't think they are mummies- the guy on the video says, when one vomiting- Oh, Got, what the smell, don't breath!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It takes a special person and a true calling to handle the deceased, especially in preservation and decay. The most humbling moment was the identification book (am I correct in saying that?) with the photo of the soldier. So well preserved. Sometimes we can distance ourselves from the deceased but usually not when you can relate a face and a name to the area.

May they know eternal peace.
    The document identified and the relatives found

Kalpak'yan Gevourk Ouganye'souveetch
    Date of birth 1917 year

Born in Yerevan, Armenian SSR

Mobilized by Yerevan recruting depot
    Rank- Private ( Krasnoareyetc)

Combat service in 161 rr 95 rd

KIA
    Date of death 05/03/40
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The document identified and the relatives found

Kalpak'yan Gevourk Ouganye'souveetch
    Date of birth 1917 year

Born in Yerevan, Armenian SSR

Mobilized by Yerevan recruting depot
    Rank- Private ( Krasnoareyetc)

Combat service in 161 rr 95 rd

KIA
    Date of death 05/03/40
    Thanks, Dimas! Very interesting. It looks like the wet environment and soil probably prevented them from completely decomposing, so after all this time it's still possible for an odor. Besides, the way they were wacking away at the deceased, it's going to cut through the skin and let the gas and odor escape. Definitely don't want to be standing there when that happens. You never really get rid of that smell.

Impressive images.
    I dont think i could undertake that kind of work.
    I really respect those who have the strength to do it.
    God rest the souls of the fallen.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

It looks like a lot of absorb elements in these bogs, it's not a first time peoples says the found bodies in this condition. Here is the picture from the Finnish side, again KIA Red Army men
    Clearly visible ear

Winter war 1939-40 Leipäsuo combat- KIA Red Army soldiers recovered
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The climatic conditions are good for preservation , the water , the decomposition of foliage but in particular the Frozen Tundra , cold and ice for much of the year !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Not such a cold place Paul, approz a 100 km from St Petersburg
    Regards,
    Dimas

Good news for the families of the recognised soldiers.

They can now all be laid to rest with a proper memorial.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Wow, some stunning images. Like stated, the preservation is incredible. May they rest in peace

Very admiral work. Well done to all involved.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast