Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Would anyone be interested in this?

Article about: Hi sorry for making another thread (again ) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in pics of an amazing place I discovered full of relics from the war outside an RAF base. I will onl

Well the bag is British

Its a British light weight respirator of the 1950's, very similar to the wartime mask. Here is my one, dated 1952. The bags are usually war time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would anyone be interested in this?  

?

Douglas how can you tell the date on the gas mask??. I have one these somewhere around the house I need to dig it out & have a look!! Cheers Terry.

The threaded part on the exhale valve/voice diaphragm wasn't strictly limited to the post war variants of the Lightweight Respirator, it originally came about during the war in order to make the mask more compatible with the No.7 Hand Microphone. I believe that the wartime dated masks with this design were only issued to those who would use radios on a normal basis which makes them rather hard to find in comparison to the post war Lightweight Respirators, all of which have this style of exhale valve/voice diaphragm. Here are two examples of such masks from my collection, they are dated 1943 and 1944. If what you have found is a wartime dated example, it is very much worth saving if you're able to!

Thanks

Danny

?

Thanks for the info Danny..mine has no exhale valve sticking out mine goes inwards!!! different!!. Cheers Terry.

Thats very good information and I have learned something, but as a general rule it is more likely to be a 50's mask due to the out-turned diaphragm. Doug

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The threaded part on the exhale valve/voice diaphragm wasn't strictly limited to the post war variants of the Lightweight Respirator, it originally came about during the war in order to make the mask more compatible with the No.7 Hand Microphone. I believe that the wartime dated masks with this design were only issued to those who would use radios on a normal basis which makes them rather hard to find in comparison to the post war Lightweight Respirators, all of which have this style of exhale valve/voice diaphragm. Here are two examples of such masks from my collection, they are dated 1943 and 1944. If what you have found is a wartime dated example, it is very much worth saving if you're able to!

Thanks

Danny

the canadian c3 gassie was a further evolution to the lightweight design in the post war years

I think maybe a thread dedicated to the Lightweight Respirator is in need I have quite a few variations in my collection that I am yet to show on here, so maybe now is the time!

Thanks

Danny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3