Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only

Article about: by Scout Amazing finds ..., amazing what what was dropped there...and amazing what still can be found. That conflict is hard to grasp the magnitude of in retrospect. PS Quality pic of you (?

?

Default Re: WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only

Quote by Scout View Post
    Amazing finds ..., amazing what what was dropped there...and amazing what still can be found.
    That conflict is hard to grasp the magnitude of in retrospect.
    PS
    Quality pic of you (?) next to the shell with fingers in ears.
    Bend over and kiss your aXX goodbye

Agreed on LOWA - the boot indeed.
    I have some MEINDL boots also and they are not of the same quality nor as comfortable as the LOWAs.
    No, I'm the one making almost all the pictures, wearing the combat/camouflage trouwers and the Lowa boots.
    You can see me holding 2 German Mortar grenade called "Doves" or in german Taube
    The one holding his fingers in his ears is a good friend, the other one is my brother.

Cheers,
    Ger

Default Re: WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only

Thanks !

@ gerrit: Ok that's interesting! A random piece of metal suddenly gets a meaning!

when these were found, a trail in the forest was renewed. That means they just dropped loads of dirt on it. Dirt from the surrounding woods. So quite a lot of pieces could be found there, just on the surface.
    Here some pictures before and after cleaning:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only   WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only  

WW1 Battelfields of Verdun in 2011, whats still to been seen on sight only  

?

on the first picture the second object from the left ( half round) is half of a schrapnel powder chamber ( bottom)
    other pieces are parts of Hi Explosive shells

Be careful...explosif are very dangerous and prohibed....about the rip, have you contacted the local police ?

?

Done a lot of mountain biking over the years along the paths around the battlefields at Verdun, Mort Homme and the Argonne and seen an awful lot of munitions! Got very well practised at puncture repair too - thanks to all those shell splinters in the tracks! Best to take home only photos IMO as there’s some seriously big live shells still out there! I agree a few obviously safe splinters isn’t doing anyone any harm and admit to picking a few up in the past too, but the way things seem to be now I wouldn’t fancy explaining it to a gendarme these days!

?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Be careful...explosif are very dangerous and prohibed....about the rip, have you contacted the local police ?
    We are not supposed to be there in the Woods so no police.
    1.200.000 soldiers killed on a 2427 footballfield area with 130.000 still missing, all scattered around there, no identification possible.

Ive once been caught by the france police, they took all my stuff ( large brass 75mm French artillery cartridges) and sent me away.
    2 days later these remington cartr. were for sale in a local shop that sells souvenirs in Verdun

Ger

Do you mean french policemen are scumbags?

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Do you mean french policemen are scumbags?
    I could not see a word spelled "s c u m b a g (s)" anywhere on thise threat!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3