Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 Battlefield tours.

Article about: Adrian just read your trip report, bloody amazing you crammed alot in "i hope you werent speeding between locations!!".. The War dead just amazes me!! I

?

Default Re: WW1 Battlefield tours.

Adrian just read your trip report, bloody amazing you crammed alot in "i hope you werent speeding between locations!!".. The War dead just amazes me!! I

?

Only half of my message went then!!!! I was saying the war dead is amazing!! you cant work those numbers out!!!! Thanks for posting Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    "i hope you werent speeding between locations!!"..
    Haha! No, in fact my driving caused quite a bit of amusement and incredulity because in this country I drive everywhere as quickly as possible yet over there I stuck rigidly to the speed limit and often below to avoid having to pay for fuel. I was driving a company car which is fuel funded so I filled it to the brim in Dover on the fuel card and had a range of 650 miles. When i got to the hotel that evening it had extended to 850. I did the whole trip on one tank of fuel and just put in €20 as a banker on the way back to the ferry!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks Paul E & Adrian for all the advice on the WW1 battle fields myself & Aly managed to travel to France this summer leave, we stayed at Arvils B&B In Auchonivllers, what a lovely village so quite yet so very interesting...Ive attached a few photos of the trip.In no order because I cant do that yet!!!, we have Arvils place thats the house with the trench system in the back garden,Beumont Hamels cemetary & a view of the Hawthorn Crater "thats the trees in the distances", We also visited the Newfoundland trenches,with the danger tree..& Albert town & its underground mueseum.

Next year we are heading off the Jersey & then the D day beaches..But I must say if you havent been to the Somme go it is 1 amazing place in all respects...Cheers Terry & Aly.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.WW1 Battlefield tours.[ATTACH=CONFIG]391392[/ATT
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Battlefield tours.  

If you head behind the Ulster memorial there's a recently opened trench or possible mine tunnel, personally this was of greater interest to me than the touristy ones! Safe to say don't try to venture down it though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2