Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 frozen Italian soldier.

Article about: I don't know if this one has already surfaced here, apologies if it has, but from a site, a blog about history and then the Mail site, the attached photo was gleaned. It is supposed to be wh

kc1
    ?

Default WW1 frozen Italian soldier.

I don't know if this one has already surfaced here, apologies if it has, but from a site, a blog about history and then the Mail site, the attached photo was gleaned. It is supposed to be what remains of an Italian battle casualty from WW1. Interestingly enough as this may be the story also lets slip that there are artifacts lying about in the mountains still, there for the picking up.
    Skeleton of World War I soldier found buried in glacier on Italian ski resort | Mail Online
    The other stuff may or may not be a link.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 frozen Italian soldier.  

Default Re: WW1 frozen Italian soldier.

wow hadn't heard about this poor chap thanks for sharing

tom

Thanks for sharing. The cold temperature and ice preserve almost as well as bogs. Another soldier returns home, thank God he was found.

Good to see more boys coming home after so many years. RIP mate.

WOW!!!! VERY cool! My great uncle was an Italian soldier during WW1. He went MIA. I wish he could be found and brought home. Thanks for posting this!

I wonder how many other soldiers are lying out there!

Nice to see this one come home

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem