Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Airfield barracks - More amazing finds !

Article about: Hi all Had another successful trip to 'my' airfield although, I have to say, I am getting less finds now simply because I have covered most of the base. I am going to have to find somewhere

Default Re: WW2 Airfield barracks - More amazing finds !

Steve,
    We are living parellell live's my friend!!
    I got excited last week when i found a similar button here but was the same as the first one you found (well nearly).

It's RS.S and 1938 dated but i have found some melted one's with same markings as your latest one with Kriegsmarine 1940 and M maker in diamond.I have some in perfect shape that have not been buried and they were originally anodized in gold and were a beutiful button.
    If you ever want to part with your German Navy button's let me know and maybe we could do a trade off.POW item for POW item if you like:0
    Keep up the good work!!

Tom

Tom

More parellel than you think !!

I found a gold one stamped RS & S a month or so before I found this one, and in an entirely different area. Given they were in the same type of ground for the same length of time, I believe the one I had was meant to be silver, not gold.

Here's a link to the gold one......

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ng-finds-6204/

I am afraid I wouldn't part with the Kriegsmarine buttons.....they are too precious to me

Good luck mate !

Steve T

Hi Steve,
    Thank's for the info once again.I have watched your video's too and they are interesting.I have a similar idea but i'm only doing a voice recording of what come's out of the ground for my own referance.
    That Kriegsmarine button you have just found must be for Admin staff if it was alway's silver so that explains that easy enough.The gold ones like your other is for naval combat personal (that is a real beuty for a ground dug button by the way!) I understand why you would want to keep them as i am the same with mine but you've gotta ask just in case.
    I am coming over to the UK and Europe next march so maybe we could go on a dig together one day

Tom

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    ......I am coming over to the UK and Europe next march so maybe we could go on a dig together one day
    You're on !

Let me know when you're coming over and I'll get my gear together and the kettle on

Steve T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2