Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

WW2 Airfield.......The BEST visit yet !

Article about: Hey guys Well i simply couldn't WAIT to post here today, given i have found what i think is the most exciting thing i have EVER found ! I haven't even had time to clean everything properly y

mag
    ?

Default Re: WW2 Airfield.......The BEST visit yet !

<snip>

A) I urge you to report the finds to your local archaeological Agency because it is beneficial to the projects they are undertaking - and in fact in this country by "relic hunting" without "morally" reporting finds to them, you are infact hindering them in the future>

So they can then make it a scheduled site with no-one,not even the landowner being allowed to use it ??????

As usual the age old argument between detectorists/relic hunters and the ''archaeological community'' has arisen,an argument that has been going on since the advent of the availability of cheap detectors.

Better to see the things here in a public forum and let others enjoy it,and as relichunter says it is not material subject to the treasure act,rather than hand it all over to the ''archaeological community'' and watch it vanish into a box somewhere to be stored ''until funding becomes available to investigate further''

Join the F.I.D (federation of independent detectorists) relichunter.....and continue to enjoy your hobby...and if you want to retain your site,be very careful how much info you relate in a public forum....there is a queue of interested third parties who will always be willing to help you dig....sometimes even without the landowners or your knowledge and in the middle of the night!!!!

thanks mag

?

Mag - Id like to see the information for which you base your broad opinion on. Its one of the worst "come backs" I have ever seen and does detectorists who work closely with archaeologists no justice. This forum does not branch out to nearly half as many people as a museum would - therefore you are saying that history only belongs to a select few. Your argument makes you sound like a 17th Century Antiquarian, protecting his finds in his wacht-kabinet, keeping the knowledge of his "dig" secret so he can get his exclusive opinion of the site. Its saddening.

To be honest, I wish you would all leave the arguements OUT of my post. I had settled this, done the right thing, and now the arguement flares up again ?

For heavens sake GET OVER IT !

Jeez.......

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    To be honest, I wish you would all leave the arguments OUT of my post. I had settled this, done the right thing, and now the argument flares up again ?

For heavens sake GET OVER IT !
    I totally agree, Steve. You answered ALL the arguments in Post #26.

Don

?

nice finds Steve, rgds Dave

ace
    ?

awsome finds steve , thanks for showing my friend ,they came up beautifully well done

?

Steve,did you ever find out what the data plate was in your first post? I found the same type of plate on an airfield - it is stamped R.M.C.,has WD with arrow and a serial number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Airfield.......The BEST visit yet !   WW2 Airfield.......The BEST visit yet !  

nope....never did

Steve T

?

That's a pity.....seems a coincidence that both were found on airfields.
    I've enjoyed looking at your great finds,let's hope there's lots more to be found.I'll get round to posting a few more pics of my relics on here soon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast