Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!

Article about: I've been back again and I've recovered a few interesting finds one of which I've just restored, I'd be interested in any further information you may be able to provide on any of the bits. T

Default Re: WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!

fantasic finds once again!!
    definatly looks to be a control lever but cannot put a def id on it as yet to which plane or control its from. could the oxy bottle be a hand held fire extinguisher? does it have wire wrapped around it?
    the battery is real nice and you have done a great job in cleaning it up, would look sweet in any collection! keep up the good work!!

Default Re: WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!

Hi gibba1008,
    Thank you for the encouragement, I've just checked my pictures and notice that sadly the picture showing the possible control column's markings is so small that they can't really be read, so I'm attaching another. Maybe it'll help with identification.
    Although I suppose the bottle could be a very small hand held fire extinguisher its dimensions do match those of the oxy bottle and it looks the same shape. It has a shallow machined groove running around the outside but no wire.
    But you probably saw in the uncleaned section there is what I think is the handle of a knife and this does have wire wrapped around it. I'll include a couple of pics for confirmation, the end shot is telling in that it seems to have the recess for the blade?
    Continued Good luck with your searches.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!   WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!  

WW2 Airfield- Happy with latest finds!!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2