Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 bombing range - Another quick visit, another bucketful of finds !

Article about: Steve The m103 nose fuze that you thought was a gaine is that the same thing that we found when we went for a walk over there if so I will have to go back over and get One !!

?

Default Re: WW2 bombing range - Another quick visit, another bucketful of finds !

Steve
    The m103 nose fuze that you thought was a gaine is that the same thing that we found when we went for a walk over there if so I will have to go back over and get One !!

Default Re: WW2 bombing range - Another quick visit, another bucketful of finds !

Yep I saw 2 or 3 more lying around but I was already loaded down with 40 kilos of bloody m104s simply couldn't manage any more !

WH - I remember that yeah. Still think It's part of the parachute system of either a frag bomb or slow fall flare.

?

Considering a little while back I thought that the only thing to be found at this site was m104 fuzes , the range of finds is turning out to be amazing !

Great... in fact Excellent result Steve, a nice collection in just one visit, I agree with WH very good job on the clean up and for that matter the Id's. The area where I found my 'big buttons' didnt seem to have much in the way of ariel bombs but lots of hand launched gear so I would err on the side of illumination type mortar or even a launch plate for rifle type grenade? anyway hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Well, as I also found that American Illum round tip, they could well be off ground launched stuff. Perhaps this kind of thing was used as standard in American ordnance that came with a 'chute ?

I could really use that illum round tip.... shucks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2