Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 digging in Transylvania, Romania.

Article about: Hi mateys, just felt like sharing some of the recent discoveries with y'all. Most of them are from WW2 battlefields in Romania including Kampfraum Großwardein (now Oradea, Romania). Hope you

And some others too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 digging in Transylvania, Romania.   WW2 digging in Transylvania, Romania.  

WW2 digging in Transylvania, Romania.   WW2 digging in Transylvania, Romania.  

?

Quote by PanzerVI View Post
    Juan

Hungarian dog tag is also irrelevant since also latewar hungarian troops had a superstition that if you marked your dog tag (perforations for year or birth, location code and the number of the child at birth that year) you won't return home ... so it's a mockery, no real data on this one.

lots of great finds there and really interesting about the dog tag superstition

Thanks a bunch Robin

?

It must be great to be able to help keep history alive by digging for items like your finds keep up the good work

?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello

I have read the rules and fully understood them. You can see our Metal Detecting community (Romania) at DetectieMetal.com(unitate). Here is our latest national Militaria expedition in the Carpathian Mountains (Moldavian 1917 WW1 front) : DetectieMetal.com(unitate) (my username there is Panzer, I am one of the Admins of the community).
    You can take a look at our National MD meetings (2014 and 2015) which have Militaria and Medieval mixed alltogether for further documents or kindly as any of the staff there for refference to my personna.

All above depicted items have been dugout legally in Romania mostly on wooden hills, forrests and State property which is legal to detect upon according to Law 182/2000 republished in 2008 and also Law 422/2001 republished in 2006 about archeological protected areas.

Should there be any other issue not complying with your standards please do inform me and I shall undertake immediate corrective measures.

Thank you for the heads-up.

P.S: None of the above depicted items have been found on dead bodies, me and my colleague cooperate with Volksbund in cases of german soldiers found and also with the Hungarian Ministry of Interior which pays us a visit twice a year for helping identifying cemeteries that hold hungarian fallen troops for ID and if necesary relocation.

Should you need official Refference from both these .orgs please do tell and I shall be more than glad to inform you via PM with the appropriate docs.

Items above depicted are not harmful in any way, casings displayed are spent and none interfere with any of the regulations and Laws that apply to Metal Detecting in Romania.

Cheers

MAP
    ?

In post #11, last photo. How does the ribbon on the medal survive being buried? It looks to be in pristine condition while the medal itself is not?

Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    In post #11, last photo. How does the ribbon on the medal survive being buried? It looks to be in pristine condition while the medal itself is not?

Thanks!
    Of course no fabric could survive burried for so long. The ribbon is a post war model and added for effect. You can see a WW2 original ribbon on the hungarian 1941 Feuerkreuz to the left.

Regards

?

Many thanks for your reply i appreciate it , we as a forum have to request this from all who post here due to past problems !

I look forward to more of your posts from your search group . love the Hafthohladung by the way , great condition,

regards

Paul
    Last edited by Paul D; 11-10-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast