Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 relic hunting in the U.S.

Article about: By now im sure we've all watched those amazing WW2 relic hunting videos on YouTube, and drooled over the awesome artifacts recovered from the ground. I cant tell you how many times ive dream

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Very cool thread good luck finding stuff. When I was in collage in NJ I wasn't to far from Picatinny Arsenal. When I went to my buddies apartment I noticed the landscape on the neighbors yard. They had used shell heads to make an outline to separate the garden from the lawn . The neighbors sold the house and some of their lawn art disappeared before the new owners moved in . Gary
    Thank you! Its really awesome to finally get out and dig for artifacts. Instead of paying for artifacts other people dug up LoL. Wow very cool story, and thank you for sharing. I wonder what ever happened to the shell heads? Would defiantly be something awesome to have.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Jarret I don't know about the rest but I might know where a few of them still are

I attempted some more hunting at this location a few days ago, but unfortunately I forgot about the rain we recently got in this area. Water was surrounding the few entry points this base has left, so I had to call off the hunt. But that day wasn't a total bust. I found these old bricks at one of my favorite fishing spots. They all have various maker marks. Not too exiting, but its better then nothing LoL. Hopefully I can return to the WW1/WW2 base soon. Im exited to see what else that location is hiding.

Best regards- Jarret

WW2 relic hunting in the U.S.
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 02-22-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Cool stuff! I like finding remnants of days gone by laying on the ground. As a kid, we used to walk freshly plowed corn fields and pick arrowheads and the like. Amazing what the earth gives up with just a little tilling!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Cool stuff! I like finding remnants of days gone by laying on the ground. As a kid, we used to walk freshly plowed corn fields and pick arrowheads and the like. Amazing what the earth gives up with just a little tilling!
    Thank you! I have some family members in Arkansas, and I remember them telling me about doing that same thing. They would go out into freshly plowed fields, and find arrowheads too. Believe it or not, one relative of mine there has a bucket full of arrowheads in his garage. Crazy how many examples they can find in that one area. Last time I spoke to that side of the family, they told me that they still find arrowheads in freshly plowed fields. Thanks for sharing that story! Must have been a very memorable childhood experience.

Best regards- Jarret

Well after a good period of dry weather I thought it would be a good time to visit the base again. I didn't find many relics on this trip, but I did explore areas that ive never been to before. Including two bunkers After doing more research I figured out this base is huge. Just around 560 acres So im barely scratching the surface on my visits LoL. The relics I found today are pretty much the same from my first visit. Large rusty bolts, and various pieces of unknown metal. This summer I plan on making more trips, and hopefully I can find some spots that will produce nice relics.

Best regards- Jarret

WW2 relic hunting in the U.S.WW2 relic hunting in the U.S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2