Display your banner here
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

WW2 relics from Denmark

Article about: That cup looks superb! Nice job

HVK
    ?

Default Re: WW2 relics from Denmark

Extremely nice finds !

It looks like one of the cartridge cases does not have a bottom/rim - true ? If yes, these are often produced this way or made with the purpose of training MG personnel. In the training an instructor load it in a chamber and the MG team should learn to clean / empty the chamber with the universal tool.

Even today in the Danish army you have a training kit containing cartridge cases with different types of damages for training the MG-3 (MG-42)

HVK
    ?

And the bakelite piece on picture 2379 marked "Zeiler" is the front part of a German flashlight.....

?

That is true. I was LMG gunner in SIR. We also made a "special" drill between the LMG gunners. Goes like this: X number gunners and X number of LMG's. Each load only 2 rounds in the belt( on the range ). On command you try to fire only ONE of the rounds. The guy who fire only one of the two is out. The rest continue to the last guy who who fails and fire both. Last guy buy beer for the rest, including the sergeant. Great fun. This is hard with a MG firing 1200 rpm.

?

Thanks for your help guys , the mg box i am cleaning in vinegar it will probably take some days
    Regards

I am not sure but I wish he'd put a bit of light in his damn video !! I couldn't see what he'd got until right at the very end.

?

It's Romanian. He is a former now banned forum member. He had a bad habit of threatening members via PM's and digging relics in illegal (museum) areas in my fatherland Denmark.

I think the videos poor lighting is showing quite clear that his actions was not suited for the light of day Steve.

Regards

Lars

What are the rules for minedetecting in Denmark? Does anybody know?

?

Yes. I do. Principally all land in DK is private and owners have to be asked permission. On state owned land you will have to contact Slots og Ejendomsstyrelsen. Certain places one has to be a member of a official archaeological team. I have posted a long post on this forum covering this issue. It was in one of the now banned member, "Stalingradshadows" threads. I posted links to proper authorities and links to laws on this issue also. Don't remember where this thread is located, but probably in the Battlefield archaeology sub forum. In general it's not difficult in Denmark.

?

Well spotted Lars he's back again but not for long !!!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

No wonder he filmed it in the dark Datrus. Good spot !

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast