Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII in Pacific

Article about: Dear all, this is my 1st post, sorry for my poor English. During Pacific War, the Morotai islands took the important place for General McArthur in order to defeat Japanese forces. During the

Default WWII in Pacific

Dear all, this is my 1st post, sorry for my poor English.

During Pacific War, the Morotai islands took the important place for General McArthur in order to defeat Japanese forces. During the war, Gen Douglas McArthur put about 63 allied battalions on this island and built seven airfields (2 of them still functioned today, used by the air force).

After the war, the allied forces left tons of war machines here, including vehicles, tanks, damaged planes, weapons and ammunitions. Unfortunately, only a few we could see this day.

This island still holds a cave called "McArthur's cave", a cave had been used as the headquarter by McArthur. Also, there's a interesting story about a Japanese holdout soldier named Nakamura who hid in this island for 33 years since 1942 and never know that the war is over until he's found at 1975.

Below some war relics found here:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII in Pacific   WWII in Pacific  

WWII in Pacific   WWII in Pacific  

Default Re: WWII in Pacific

Welcome aboard , Great pics mate , is that you in the photo , what im leading to is have you been there for a look around , cheers Raymond

Hi and welcome to the forum! Your English is excellent!

Thanks for the great pics. The truck underwater is a Canadian Military pattern with No.13 pattern cab. Most likey one which was assembled in Australia.

Cheers, Ade.

wish we could find some of those parts now, not much to see or find in aus presently.

looks very intresting, sure you have lots of stuff to show us, welcome to the forums!

luke

Thank's 4 comment.

Honestly, I collect them from websites. Personally I never go to the island yet. There so many war relics could be found in my country Indonesia, but so far there's no "relic hunter" here.

Morotai located at North Halmahera Islands in Indonesia, but unfortunatelly .. tons of war machines left by McArthur is gone today. Locals using them for scraps.

Cheers