Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Article about: Luckystrike, I'd read that thread a while ago with some intrest. I'd just finished a book about Das Reich (2nd. SS Pz. Div.) and their march upto Normandy. I'd picked up the book for somethi

Default Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Yesterday afternoon we spent a couple of hours in a hedgerow where soldiers from the 83rd Infantry Division were fighting in mid July 1944, the hedge follows a track and every couple of metres there are foxholes, I have been searching this area for the past four years, but still find great items.

The US M1 Garand bayonet was just below the surface behind a foxhole, a chunk is missing from where it was hit by shrapnel, the german flare is squashed, the M9A1 grenade was in the bottom of a foxhole, the 105mm casing has exploded, I found that on the surface.

Cheers,

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...   Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...  

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...   Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...  

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...   Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...  

Default Re: Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Cracking finds, its amazing what you can find lying on the surface

Excellent finds as ever Steve!
    Keep 'em coming.

Martyn.

cracking finds, its a shame the gernades are still very live!
    thanks for posting
    regards Mad.ideas

?

With all the stuff that you're unearthing over there Steve, I can see me arranging to come over and joining you on a holiday!

Great finds as always mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Theright be a few more to post on here later on!

great stuff steve!

Regards,
    Finn

Yesterday we did a bit of research in the Roncey Pocket area near Coutances, we were concentrating on the site of a battle which took place on a crossroads. We found some pieces of a 251 Halftrack, three track pads from the same vehicle plus small radio parts an hub nuts, we also found a pile of burnt and exploded 7.92mm ammo, further along the same road we found a 37mm cae, egg grenade and a German canteen, hope to get back there soon.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...   Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...  

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...  
    Last edited by Steve83; 07-31-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: edited for mong spelling

that would be alot of fun to do Battlefield Digging for History i would love to get my hands on some Old rifles if i could ever do that kind of stuff

Hi Steve,
    Those are nice finds you made there, I've visited Roncey on a number of occasions and walked along many of the tracks in the area checking out the geography. I didn't find much but I thought you might be interested in an old post I did about two enamel road signs (one bullet holed) that originally stood at the La Valtolaine cross roads during the battle to contain the trapped German Forces.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ts-cross-4015/
    Keep up the good work.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast