Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Article about: Luckystrike, I'd read that thread a while ago with some intrest. I'd just finished a book about Das Reich (2nd. SS Pz. Div.) and their march upto Normandy. I'd picked up the book for somethi

Default Re: Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Luckystrike, I'd read that thread a while ago with some intrest. I'd just finished a book about Das Reich (2nd. SS Pz. Div.) and their march upto Normandy. I'd picked up the book for something to read on holiday,so your thread jumped out at me. YOURS was a better read! Thankyou.

Martyn.

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Those are nice finds you made there, I've visited Roncey on a number of occasions and walked along many of the tracks in the area checking out the geography. I didn't find much but I thought you might be interested in an old post I did about two enamel road signs (one bullet holed) that originally stood at the La Valtolaine cross roads during the battle to contain the trapped German Forces.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ts-cross-4015/
    Keep up the good work.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Great story, love the road signs, unfortunately I haven't ever found any of the original signs, but if we're searching roads I always hope to find one like those

hi

aren't you affraid to get blow off by one of these killing things? i mean the grenades very scary indeed ....
    cheers Roger

Quote by escouade View Post
    hi

aren't you affraid to get blow off by one of these killing things? i mean the grenades very scary indeed ....
    cheers Roger

Hi Roger,

I don't bother with grenades these days, we have found so many, I have a couple of examples of British,U.S. and German grenades from the battlefield.

Yes they can be dangerous but I know what I am doing with these things, you have to know what to do but always be careful as well.

Steve

do you deactivate them yourself then?
    dont worry im not going to even think of trying myself though just curious
    regards Mad_ideas

Yes I have done in the past, but I don't bother now, we have found so many, it almost seems pointless to continue when you have one or two good examples of each type.

fair enought, you a lucky person to be able to deactivate such things, i lack the knowlage or the acess to the relics in the first place
    regards Mad_ideas

Steve

It would be good to catch up. I live near Stratford (Dorridge) and also have a property in Port en Bessin near Bayeux. Was out there last week and suspect we were digging in nearby locations! I was near St Lo at a couple of sites but only had an afternoon 'pass out' - will post some small finds tonight (few assorted 7.62mm rounds and some odd finds). Would be great to find a digging colleague for the UK and Normandy! David

Hi David,

I know Dorridge very well, most of my youth was spent around Dorridge, playing down in the "dell" at Dorridge woods, which was actually a bomb crater from a Luftwaffe bomber returning from Coventry!

We're moving in a week so stay in touch via here.

Cheers,

Steve

Sreve, good luck with the move mate!

Martyn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast