Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Article about: Luckystrike, I'd read that thread a while ago with some intrest. I'd just finished a book about Das Reich (2nd. SS Pz. Div.) and their march upto Normandy. I'd picked up the book for somethi

Default Re: Yesterday afternoon's Normandy finds...

Hi Martyn,

Thanks mate, can't wait for it to be over now, it's dragging!

Did you see the other thread I put up the other day with more relics?

Keep in touch,

Steve

Been off for a couple of days mate. Just started to go through the threads. Don't leave owt behind when you come back mate

Martyn.

they are all very interesting finds especially the damaged bayonet.do you have to get permission from the land owner before you start digging.also i was 2 years in the australian army doing national service 1969-1971 and would be very careful when handling unexploded old handgrenades which may explode at any time especially if dropped or mishandled.remember safety first always.

Quote by ozzaroo View Post
    they are all very interesting finds especially the damaged bayonet.do you have to get permission from the land owner before you start digging.also i was 2 years in the australian army doing national service 1969-1971 and would be very careful when handling unexploded old handgrenades which may explode at any time especially if dropped or mishandled.remember safety first always.
    Hi,

Yes we always get permission, I am always careful when handling live ordnance of any kind, the only type of ordnance I have deactivated are grenades, the US pineapple ones work on the same principle as the British L2, which I am familiar with, the British Mills and German egg grenades are different, but I know how to handle them. Of course I wouldn't suggest anyone else mess with these things unless they know what they're doing.

Steve

Steve, be great to catch up. I know the 'dell' well though I never knew how it arrived in the park! Let me know when you arre back. More than happy to buy you a welcome back beer in Dorridge or meet somewhere else perhaps. Some of your findas are spectacular - I seem to spend my whole life in and around St Lo recovering scrap iron!. David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3