Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg

Article about: Originally posted in Leibstandarte Interesting that the box is really over 60 years was hidden under ground.

?

Default Re: The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg

Quote by Private Snafu View Post
    One must ask himself this, why bury a box like this? When you see the hole the box looks deliberatly buried. Not buried because of shelling or bombing but buried by hand. So why did this soldier bury a box of clothes, rum and cigars? Lets say the war was at an end when this happened, he could then made very good use of the rum and cigars as trading objects or bribes. In a way it wold be like burying a couple of hundred dollars for no reason at all.
    Also why put his dogtag in the box?

Has the name Gerhard Pouhler been researched?
    The box found in the area, where the German unit came to the Soviet POW- that why the box was hided. The name is not in the list of the Volksbund, but who knows, probably that persone is still alive...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Really gets the imagination roaming! Fantastic! Great forum!

Indeed you can see an intact rubber gasket on the lid for secure seal. I had a similar military can in my garage for about 30 years unopened and the leather items had far less but similiar mold on them. What a wonderful find! I think that likely this is a legit find. Good job!

?

I belive, I've seen myself the similar box of Pz Grenadier Lieutenant, found in the same area- Eastern Prussia. In fact the cheap and original items- no one will made a fake box just for sensation...
    Regards,
    Dimas

SS Ring Man
    ?

UFO,LOCK NESS,BIG FOOT,what next I feel some one may be pulling my leg as well.60++ years lock away like that,and underground????If it is true it is one hell of discovery and should be on AP NEWS SERVICE.Mold was growing and 60 years should have coved the whole box not just a few items.Sorry to shoot darts at this but just to dig a hole turn up some thing buried in an open field unmarked I can not swallow whole.Plus the rust on the outside of the box is not thick,given some soil is higher in acid then other,weather and just plane time should have taken it toll on a good part of this ammo box.I would fully like to belive in this and maybe I will dig up the ark in my back yard someday!But for me I will let this one ride the crest of the wave,I have been right befor I called The Hitler Diary Fake well befor a know collector the other end of my State who put his Rep on the line that thay were real.O'well it will all come out in the wash someday,hope I'am worng on this and if I'am I will own up to it.Thanks Darrell

The Cigars are still being made here in Holland.

Quote by Dramatical View Post
    The Cigars are still being made here in Holland.

?

This is the box( I have similar which has a fat rubber gasket against the wet inside of the box.
    Take a look to my found, This is the FLAK cartridges, after they was shot, soldiers put them back to the box. They are late war steel cartridges, after they was shot, they became hot- due of that over a couple of hours they could start to rust...
    Look how they was preserved from September 1944 under the ground
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg   The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg  

The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg   The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg  

The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg   The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg  

The Zahlmeister's box, found in Koenigsberg  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Super find. They stayed in nice shape.

sturmhunter
    ?

wow thats some amazing find! A proper little time capsule right from the 1940's.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast