Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Colorized photos

Article about: Hello everyone, Some pictures of my personal collections, I do love make colorization on period pictures that's somehow bring back the pictures to life ! I will used this thread now for post

Thanks Aleksander and Dom

Your right about the Medal "30 Years of the Soviet Army", seem to be not correctly placed also or at least on a interesting position ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Colorized photos
    P
    Many

Very nice work! Beautiful looking photos!

Phil

A little time since the last ...

So here a new one that i have from recently, one of my favorite to be honest, you can note that most of the M43 are M35 modified in fact.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorized photos   Colorized photos  

Very nice and very good job
    How do you proceed? Do you have a specific software to do so?
    All the best
    Bruno

CBH
    ?

That's a great photo on the T-34 , and the colour brings it alive .
    I've collected a few local hand tinted photos , it's painting meets photography .
    Nice work .

The colorizations are really nice work. Would you also colorize a picture for me or rather not?

Good job! Your photos still retain the vintage look as though they were colored when made. Excellent!

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Very nice and very good job
    How do you proceed? Do you have a specific software to do so?
    All the best
    Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Yes I use PS6 but you can do this with the other version of photoshop, here a simple tutorial (in French) of course it's more easy to work when you have a graphic tablet than a mouse ...
    Coloriser vos vieilles photos en noir et blanc avec Photoshop! | Le Blog de Djib

Quote by CBH View Post
    That's a great photo on the T-34 , and the colour brings it alive .
    I've collected a few local hand tinted photos , it's painting meets photography .
    Nice work .
    Thanks !
    I do have this one take in 1936, colorized directly on the studio not my own work, but I do love colorized photos made from this period not easy to find though ...

Quote by LastHusar View Post
    The colorizations are really nice work. Would you also colorize a picture for me or rather not?
    Don't have much time now but ... yeah why not ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Good job! Your photos still retain the vintage look as though they were colored when made. Excellent!
    Thanks ! Yep I do like to keep the paper/vintage style when I make the colorization ... don't know ... that's just keep a good constrast I guess !

Thanks all for your comments !
    I'll try to make some this week-end !

Arthur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorized photos  

May I ask what your techniques are? I usually apply color with the brush tool, multiple layers if needed, and use the "color" or "soft light" function. Still, sometimes its exceptionally hard to colorize the skin, lips, eyes and the face, in a manner that makes them look alive.

The most hard part is indeed find the good colors for the skin and the lips not to brown, not to pink ... that's come with training.
    For the rest if you want to find the good colors dont make them mix, if you colors the skin don't pass the skin color on the lips or the eyes, create another layer for each one, also (if you have photoshop) use the "flow" parameters on the top of the screen and the "Opacity" parameters, the "flow" one will make your contrast more smoothly than opacity one will just make some kind of transparence ... clearly good for mark slowly the contrast between the skin and the lips (also the hair !)
    To be honest I've just find the parameters "flow" recently and I don't try it yet for make colorization of photos but when I drawings or make digital painting that's a very good technics !

One last important thing ... when your done, merge all your layers and go to "image" and "adjustments and "brightness/contrast" after that just play with the parameters, try some and save the one that you like the most !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast