Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Colorized photos

Article about: Hello everyone, Some pictures of my personal collections, I do love make colorization on period pictures that's somehow bring back the pictures to life ! I will used this thread now for post

So ... made it quick to night ... just for try the new technics I also repaired the photo a little, just for have a better result and contrast.

Another tankman (my favorite theme) veteran of 1941 I guess.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorized photos   Colorized photos  

Colorized photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Colorized photos
    P
    Many

Quote by Bagration View Post
    The most hard part is indeed find the good colors for the skin and the lips not to brown, not to pink ... that's come with training.
    For the rest if you want to find the good colors dont make them mix, if you colors the skin don't pass the skin color on the lips or the eyes, create another layer for each one, also (if you have photoshop) use the "flow" parameters on the top of the screen and the "Opacity" parameters, the "flow" one will make your contrast more smoothly than opacity one will just make some kind of transparence ... clearly good for mark slowly the contrast between the skin and the lips (also the hair !)
    To be honest I've just find the parameters "flow" recently and I don't try it yet for make colorization of photos but when I drawings or make digital painting that's a very good technics !

One last important thing ... when your done, merge all your layers and go to "image" and "adjustments and "brightness/contrast" after that just play with the parameters, try some and save the one that you like the most !
    Thanks! Do you use a drawing pad?

Hello Arthur
    and thank you very much for these nice and good advises.
    I will give it a try

All the very best
    Bruno

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Thanks! Do you use a drawing pad?
    Yes, I do use a graphic tablet/drawing pad i'm a digital artist. (or student at least, I have alot to learn ).

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Hello Arthur
    and thank you very much for these nice and good advises.
    I will give it a try

All the very best
    Bruno
    Your welcome Bruno
    Don't hesitate to share your work with us once you started !

Here another work, I repaired the photo in first because the original was to much "damaged" and desaturate her also like ... usual ... (always make colorization on black & white picture).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorized photos   Colorized photos  

Colorized photos  

Just corrected a little, the last portrait of the tankman above ...

More red for the piping and correction of the colors ribbon of the defense of Leningrad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorized photos  

Hello,

Another quickly made but good result so far.

Great work, Arthur! Stay tuned! This one and the digging threads are my favorites in the forum.

Thanks Wadim !
    I appreciate it

I received yesterday some new photos, just decide to make one ... and some other, later
    New technics works pretty well !

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast