Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Kids in Uniform

Article about: Taken from the Internet. The Order of the Red Star young recipient, liberator of Yugoslavia- with local residents.

Default The Kids in Uniform

Photo is dated 1944. Believe these two are the sons of the officers wearing good tailored uniform with their fathers pre-1943 collar tabs attached. This has been a sort of trend in officer's families at that time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kids in Uniform
    P
    Many

Nice and a unique photo.

I wonder if there are photos of "sons of the regiment", orphan boys who we're 'adopted' by Red Army units. Of course I've seen the most usual ones, but I've never seen amateur ones in circulation

Great photo! Do fotos exist of kids this age wearing medals they won in battle?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Here's some.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform   The Kids in Uniform  

Look at the 1,000-yard stare on that kid. Very sad to see.

Some more:

1) A "son of the regiment" wearing the Red Star for bravery, surrounded by his admirers. "Sons of the regiment" were orphans adopted by Soviet regiments, and were looked after like the soldiers' own sons. They lived with the soldiers and fought alongside them in front-line actions. After the war, they found it difficult to adjust to civilian life, the company of other children and to children's activities.

2) 17-year old Ivan Philippovich Kuznetsov, the youngest Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory. Spring, 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform   The Kids in Uniform  

Here is one more from the Ukraine....sorry just realized this photo has no medals
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform  

Spacibo! Aleksander P. Thanx!
    Really high quality photos. Very interesting.
    Paragon Man, looks like your pitufo isn't really a combatant, just posing with daddy's smg.

Quote by paragon man View Post
    Here is one more from the Ukraine....sorry just realized this photo has no medals
    Still a nice one. I haven't seen this one before.

- - ------- - -

Spacibo! Aleksander P.
    Really high quality photos. Very interesting.
    No problem. I will keep updating here, if I find more interesting ones.

Please do post more. I'm very interested in these Sons of the Regiment, who look very alert. Where can I get more info on them? Are all 3 of those medals on the 17 yo the same order?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast