Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

Article about: I am thinking thats a little low. I think 500 to 900 would be in the ball park.

Default re: 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

I am thinking thats a little low. I think 500 to 900 would be in the ball park.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)
    P
    Many

I paid 425 for the dagger so not too bad then

Hi Ray, yes it will not be as shiny as a painted scabbard.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here are some examples Ray the pic's with three scabbards the centre one is a painted and the othere two daggers besides are "anodised"
    and the pic with four scabbards ????? you can tell us
    hope this helps cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)   1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)  

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)  

Very nice!

Ronnie is this a test From top to bottom P , A , P , A P=painted A=Annodized. Is it uncommon for the painted scabbard to be with a Early dagger? I have seen quite a few examples when researching the SA's that have this happen.

Hi Ray you done well for $425,,Its hard to say if the scabbard was switched out ,, stemming from the SA mann himself as he might of bent the original scabbard in a beer brawl,, or the liberating vet, and sometime between then and now... but regardless still authentic. Hang on to it,, an early scabbard is bound to come along at some point. Nice pick up! Larry

$425 is not bad. Sometimes a person just gets fed up with searching forever and just goes for it! There's a whole lot worse out there for the money!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William,

It's not that I became fed up with searching for one because , i dont know about you but i could look at WW2 items all day long and not get tired of it. I saw this and I really liked it, put a bid in for it and won. I am not upset about the dagger having the wrong scabbard, i have seen plenty of examples online at reputable places that have this. When I receive the dagger it will be treated as if it were 100% matching and correct.

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    Ronnie is this a test From top to bottom P , A , P , A P=painted A=Annodized. Is it uncommon for the painted scabbard to be with a Early dagger? I have seen quite a few examples when researching the SA's that have this happen.
    No mate not a test just my silly humour spot on by the way
    cheers Ronnie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast