Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

Article about: I am thinking thats a little low. I think 500 to 900 would be in the ball park.

Default re: 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

@ Ronnie I always like a challenge and learning new things. I tell you there are so many small things that people dont take into considerations when you are looking at these daggers. I am glad i have learned as much as i have about them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)
    P
    Many

Absolutely,Ray! it's an excellent piece by any way of looking at it and will fit great into your collection. As you said, it looks fine and unless you're a stiff necked purist, the swapped sheath really doesn't matter heaps anyway. Now you have to start looking for that SS!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default UPDATED: 1933 SA Dagger for Review (hopefully the last one)

So I received my SA dagger today. Let me tell you I was one excited person today. I have been waiting to get one of these for quite a while now. The dagger has almost a double stamp of the distribution Fr. Is this common? Also is there a way that anyone knows to clean up the blade and get the fingerprint rust off? Anyway pretty excited so here are the pictures.

Ray

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

Default Re: UPDATED: 1933 SA Dagger for Review (hopefully the last one)

Try something called Ren-Wax,don't over do it you don't want any of the black lettering to be scrubbed off. Nice blade

?

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

After reading this thread I've decided to get myself one for my birthday. What would a rough price for a separate scabbard be (already picked and fell in love with a dagger, alas it is sans scabbard)?

Nitram

Nice dagger Ray!! I like these Steinbach makers. August Bickel is known for their hard oak grips with sharp contours. A great quality dagger. Yes it is normal to see a double strike with a gruppe mark as the guy who was doing it rested his hammer on the crossguard first,, which created the light first impression then the final strike which is the heavier strike. Just like hammering a nail into a wall you must first set the hammer into position before hitting it again. To clean of any graying and rust deposits,, I use what many " dagger keepers" use is called Simi-Chrome,,for about $6-7. It is a paste cleaner that is used for cleaning brass and chrome. Good stuff! be careful around the motto and makers logo as Operaman has said,, and after it is totally wiped down after removing all the excess paste which will leave our cleaning rag black,, then apply Ren Wax,,as this is a protectant only and not a cleaner. Nice pick up! Larry

Siegfried where can you buy Simi-Chrome? Home Depo?

What about using Brass-o. I cant get that overseas unless i order it?

Operaman and Ray,,Simi chrome can be found here in the US,, if you go on amazon or go straight to the simi chrome web site. just google,, but I dont remember seeing in in Home depot. Simi chrome is a paste cleaner that comes in a tube ( see photo ). ...Now @ Ray....I would stay away from Brasso as this is a liquid and will not produce the same results as Simi chrome or an equal paste cleaner. Brasso also looks like Baileys Irish Creme so dont be tempted. Believe it or not Music stores sell something comparable called " Flitz " same stuff which is used to clean chrome hardware on drums and also to clean brass cymbals. Hardware stores also might have something the same.
    The other photo is a pic of the runners i took out of my scabbard,, same theory and that black you see will be on your cleaning rag as this is carbon and dirt embedded into your blade. One this is removed you will see a nice shine. Unfortunately this paste cleaner will not remove heavy scratches,, as it is a very very mild abrasive.
    The first photo is what causes your runner marks as this is dried oil that some many people think that this is the best protection for your dagger blade.. I whole heartedly disagree as when the oil dries and runner marks build cancer sets in called " verdigris " this penetrates into your blade and can not be removed. With some elbow grease it can be minimized to a lighter appearance. OIL IS A DAGGER BLADES WORST ENEMY as anything wet WILL DRY over time..guaranteed.
    To make a long story short wipe the blade clean after the simi chrome and apply Ren Wax,, you will see a big difference in appearance from when you first started. I hope this helps. Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)   1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)  

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)   1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)  

Siegfried, could you please post a picture of wht a blade should look like after it has been cleaned by the simichrome so I know how far to go and not go to far. Thanks

Ray

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast