Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

Article about: I am thinking thats a little low. I think 500 to 900 would be in the ball park.

Default re: 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)

Hi Ray, sorry I have no before cleaning photos of my blades,,Rest assured though....after 1 application you will see a big difference after you wipe it down and remove the paste residue,, 2 applications will not hurt it either!.....BUT...if you go more than 6X,, you risk of removing the crossgrain, as these are very fine lines in the blade and yes they can be removed with a heavy cleaning. Many of the collectors here have seen what happens to daggers after a heavy and abrasive cleaning. Use 3 soft cloths only,, one to rub on the paste..one to wipe it off and the 3rd to wipe any remaining smears or graying left from the paste. You will be very pleased with the outcome.. OR continue to rub more if needed until there is no blackening or even a trace of gray left on the rag,, then you will know that all the paste is completely off. Again be careful of the motto and logo area when cleaning. My best advice would be to find something in your home that might be oxidized or lost its shine. An old coin or silverware..etc. Try it on that as it will produce the same results as on your dagger blade.
    SOFT CLOTH ONLY!! OK?.. some Zealots like to use polishing wheels and will put a swirl in the metal as you see on peoples cars after waxing it. Looks pretty bad! The swirls can be removed but at the expense of lost crossgrain. Been there and done that!
    Take your time and you will do fine. Regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SA Dienstdolch for Review (hopefully the last one)
    P
    Many

Larry,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. It is really awesome to have someone like you on this forum that can contribute so much. Thanks again!!

Anytime Ray, thanks for the kind words. Whatever I have learned through experience and what was passed on to me,,...is not for me to keep and hide for myself but to pass it along to the next guy or gal, and hopefully they will do the same. Conservation and preservation of History is important if we are going to have it to teach about. Protect your history in this hobby. Best regards Larry

I wrote a complete set of instructions on how to clean these runners and blades on WAF and it is pinned over there under the dagger section. After I got in a spat with Gottlieb, I was expelled and they kept my material but I am certain you would find it helpful. I just wish I did not waste my time over there.

Mark

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    I wrote a complete set of instructions on how to clean these runners and blades on WAF and it is pinned over there under the dagger section. After I got in a spat with Gottlieb, I was expelled and they kept my material but I am certain you would find it helpful. I just wish I did not waste my time over there.

Mark
    I remember it well Mark and also remember cleaning all the grime off the runners of one of the bad ones i used to own..... brilliant tip cheers Ronnie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4