Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1936 NSKK dagger ??

Article about: Hi folks , i am looking for advice on this 1936 NSKK dagger ,what are your feelings on it and hate to say it but is it worth £400 as that is what it has been offered to me for

Default 1936 NSKK dagger ??

Hi folks , i am looking for advice on this 1936 NSKK dagger ,what are your feelings on it and hate to say it but is it worth £400 as that is what it has been offered to me for

1936 NSKK  dagger ??1936 NSKK  dagger ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 NSKK  dagger ??
    P
    Many

Is that blade ok? The windmills on the slant and there a line through the motto?

?

Magneto,

Stay away from this "Parts Dagger"

The grip has been replaced on this dagger showing a big gap between the bottom crossguard, also showing a very poor fit to the top crossguard !

Its a shame to see this considering its a rare maker.

Regards Mac 66.

Agreed....a Parts dagger and certainly not worth anything Near £400.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks guys for you quick replys it is appreciated, knives are not my thing so advice is critical in situations like this. Bob

Good eyes Gents..and now thread moved to the SA dagger forum. I would say that the grip doesnt belong at all..which sets off why the lower guard fit to the grip is poor. The grip eagle is a later period variety..that the silvering has worn off...but not late RZM type..we have also seen Chained SS examples..1936..with copper eagles. This producer is not typical to have later grip eagle types as Nickel was the standard use..for 1933-35. The Gruppe mark is correct....for this maker also. IMO the guards belong..not the grip.
    Thanks Bob for showing this dagger..this producer is hardly seen. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill