Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Aesculap SA dagger: What do you think

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently bought this SA Dagger at a local militaria show/sale, I paid 0 Cdn for it. What do you think? I probably could have wheeled and dealed for a better price but I had

Yes there are lots of on-line sites with good pics that you can compare with known originals rather than having to decide on the spot.
    Here's one I like https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Archives/
    There are also some real good guys on the forum who know their stuff. I encourage you to engage them.
    You may not find the "bargain" you might at a show but you will sleep way better!
    Oh, and welcome to a great hobby!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aesculap SA dagger: What do you think
    P
    Many

The makers mark looks horrible even with bad pictures.

Aesculap? You guys are lucky you can even make that name out, much less see details...Close up and Clear photos,Lads. Without them, we can't tell you much of Anything! But, from the few details that Are discernible, I would agree with the others that this is looking like a put together piece. $500 CDN is Way over the nominal value of this dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Lakesidetrader View Post
    Yes there are lots of on-line sites with good pics that you can compare with known originals rather than having to decide on the spot.
    Here's one I like https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Archives/
    There are also some real good guys on the forum who know their stuff. I encourage you to engage them.
    You may not find the "bargain" you might at a show but you will sleep way better!
    Oh, and welcome to a great hobby!
    Why looking at selling sites when all the reference material is right here at Warrelics?
    Lots of Aesculaps are posted here througout the years, use it!
    Sa Dagger by Aesculap
    or
    SA Dagger and Lessons Learned
    or
    Please help - sa dagger - authentic?
    or
    My early SA has arrived!!

just a few examples

Ger

?

Default Updated Aesculap Dagger photos

Hope these pics are a little better. Thanks again for your comments and opinions. I am learning everyday.Aesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you think

Heavily cleaned and handle varnished, but original IMHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Blade cleaned to the point of near total destruction.....Plated lower guard? Grip heavily relacquered? Not for My collection even if Free..Sorry...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Great comments, I always had a bad feeling about this one. I have other daggers but this one is not displayed kept in a drawer as a reminder.

Quote by philly View Post
    Great comments, I always had a bad feeling about this one. I have other daggers but this one is not displayed kept in a drawer as a reminder.
    Hi Philly....bad daggers are a lesson learned..and some are worth keeping as a tool of study. I agree also with the above comments..of the over all condition of this dagger. Would make a great wall hanger or conversation piece. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't disagree with the main thrust of the preceding comments, but would like to add my own tentative observation. While it very well could be overzealous "tarting up" (polishing), in a couple of the images because of slight differences in the reflected tint I'm not so sure that the cross guards were not possibly plated? And if that is true, what about the blade? In hand for me there might be a quick trip outside to have a close look in sunlight. Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast