Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aesculap SA dagger what do you think

Article about: Dear all, Coming from a friend familly estate, I have found this SA Dagger fro Aesculap in Tuttlingen. I am collecting Soviet WW2 Militaria and I do not know much about German. What is your

?

Default Aesculap SA dagger what do you think

Dear all,

Coming from a friend familly estate, I have found this SA Dagger fro Aesculap in Tuttlingen.

I am collecting Soviet WW2 Militaria and I do not know much about German.

What is your opinion, is it a good one ? ( I think so, but I a not sure...)

I would like to clean it, what do you suggest ?

Thanks

Aesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you thinkAesculap SA dagger what do you think
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-24-2016 at 04:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aesculap SA dagger what do you think
    P
    Many

Have to say this is in rather poor condition. All I would
    do is lightly clean the blade with some liquid paste,
    such as 'Flitz'.

Looks like someone has already been at it with
    steel wool, and removed the darkened etch
    in the motto.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Meme..I agree with Walkwolf..leave the fittings alone..they are totally unmessed with which will hold some intrinsic value.

Thankyou for showing the top of the guard..that helps the value of this dagger also of not being opened. This is a diamond in the rough and a True Aesculap dagger. It still shows the heavy laquer used on the grip. Yet as Steve said above the blade has seen its better days. The blade will clean up a little removing some topical grime and a few minute scratches. Flitz or Simichrome ...one application should be enough and leave it alone.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agree. Flitz will greatly improve the appearance of the blade. I wouldn't go much further,though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Meme I agree with the guys it's an original aesculap SA dagger with the typical lacquered grip. I Like the Aesculap daggers they have some very nice details. Yes the blade is not the best but it stays an original example. Two treads below you can see my Aesculap to compare.

Regards Rafael

?

All has been said by the Gents above...just one tiny remark...
    PUT THE DAGGER THE RIGHT WAY AROUND IN ITS SCABBARD!!!!

Otherwise Ade will whip your ass

Ger

?

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your kind reply and the information !

I must admit I did not know that there is a right or a wrong way to put the dagger in its scabbard....

I will follow your advices and take care of it.

Regards

The dagger would hang from the SA manns belt on his left side eagle facing out.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the info, I will take care of it.

Regards