Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard

Article about: Hello, I posted pics a few weeks ago of a greenish grey Scabbard I bought on a RZM SA Dagger. Well I just bought another! It’s an early anodized Scabbard with N old application of greenish

Default Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard

Hello,

I posted pics a few weeks ago of a greenish grey Scabbard I bought on a RZM SA Dagger. Well I just bought another! It’s an early anodized Scabbard with N old application of greenish grey paint applied. It’s an old paint job (I am not even insinuating period) but this is the 3rd I’ve come across. Just extremely odd. Thoughts welcomed.

Thanks

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard
    P
    Many

Photos of the whole dagger would be helpful...Please

The reason why this scabbard has been painted as such , lies within the person who painted it.
    Much can happen to a scabbard over the last 75+ years depending upon region , storage , climate ..or just intent to neglect and modify.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The Dagger is a JA Henckels. Nothing outside the ordinary other than the greenish grey paint. This is the fourth dagger in my collecting years I’ve come across painted in this manner. There’s got to be something to this, but I have no idea what....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard   Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard  

?

Hello Matt,
    I've seen this on FB!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

In the photos I really cant see any green color ..but will address your thoughts first on the green color you are seeing.
    The green tone is from one organization called the NPEA which they painted their scabbards on their leader daggers yet none of which had a carrying ring on the upper scabbard fitting. So this is not an NPEA scabbard and Horster is not a known NPEA producer.

what I am seeing is remnants of what is left over from an early anodized SA scabbard ,,what happened to it after the war..who knows.
    There is nothing that exists from the period that reports the SA organization having a sub organization that had another type of color other than black and brown.

The color brown and black carried all the way up until around 1942 when the dagger production ceased.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry. Yes I understand the basics of the SA, NSKK and NEPA. I own an NEPA dagger and I am well aware of their scabbard. I am asking a what if question. I’ve owned 4 SA Daggers with scabbards other than the Bayonet-like NEPA Dagger yet painted greenish or grey. Why? I have a pretty extensive collection of SA’s but I find mystery’s interesting....I like them. I just bought a collection of SA and one has a Police Emblem hammered into the wood neatly. Why. I find them interesting. That’s all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Green/Grey SA Scabbard  

Yes and before anyone says it yes the bottom is a Bakelite B&A I know I know....lol.

Hey Phil good to see you here as well!

?

Quote by Magibbs1 View Post
    Hi Larry. Yes I understand the basics of the SA, NSKK and NEPA. I own an NEPA dagger and I am well aware of their scabbard. I am asking a what if question. I’ve owned 4 SA Daggers with scabbards other than the Bayonet-like NEPA Dagger yet painted greenish or grey. Why? I have a pretty extensive collection of SA’s but I find mystery’s interesting....I like them. I just bought a collection of SA and one has a Police Emblem hammered into the wood neatly. Why. I find them interesting. That’s all.
    You ask why it has that large Police emblem on the grip?
    Most likely because the vet didnt like the empty space where once a grip eagle lived
    What would you do if you have a hole in a grip and a spare police emblem? well you go to your shed and hammer it in place

Ger